A Rowdy Ride

GoldenMotor.com

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
I am building a scooter ( see Building a DIY Cushman Style Scooter in the DIY section)

I didn't like my first motor so I mounted A RAW 80cc in the chassis. I threw together a seat to test it and found the muffler wouldn't fit so I gave it a test run with the exhaust coming straight out the exhaust port. I turned out to be a very rowdy sounding test ride. It has a lot of zip and reminds me of a dirt bike I used to ride. After seeing what this looks like I think I will build another like it as a pit bike style after I finish the scooter.

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Cool little ride! You should look into little gas tanks for snowblowers/lawn tractors to mount under(on the back of) the seat, your's looks a little precarious!

gl.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool. A four stroke motor will burn the exhaust valve w/o an exhaust pipe. I don't think the same applies to 2 strokes.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
In a way it does - it can cause an excessively lean condition as a large portion of the fuel charge passes right through the engine if there's a complete lack of any back pressure, if anything 2 strokes are more reliant on the proper amount of back pressure & thus the expansion chamber was born ;)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Spin the jug around so the intake is in the front and the exhaust is in the back.