Custom Machined Mount

GoldenMotor.com

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
And on one of these threads recently I saw a L shaped braket that helped stop motor twist mounted on the clutch cover and against the frame at a higher point ,I think those would be a good aditional add on part

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
for the front and rear mount, extend the "inside" of both mount parts (spool and clamp) a little longer ,round it and drill all the way through ,then a flat bar w/end holes on both sides w/heavier bolts at the piviot points,,the flat bars would be short ,just enough to allow pivioting ( longer for front mount extream reaches )
Yes...just like the ones I make.

I have come up with a new design that is even better...It will not be made public until Pirate Cycles & Piston bikes have them In-stock and ready for shipment...I've learned my lesson!

Jim

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
There is no reason why this shouldn't work. My question is what is the material? If aluminum then the area of the swivel could be a concern. There is not a lot of material there to take the stress and vibration that can be produced by these little 2 strokers. If aluminum then it needs to be a very high allow. 6061-T6 or better and the sharp corners radiused. Also I would ask what hardness is the bushing. I'm a strong advocate of solid mounting the engine or if a resilient material is used it needs to be as firm as possible. No rubber or easily compressable material. I'm impressed with the design. Good work and good luck. Keep us informed of the progress and testing.
Tom
It will be 6061 t6 for certain. The swivel area may be a concern, we are going to run many more simulations and optimize the thickness. Also this proto mount is for an Electra Coaster 7d, which is a stretch aluminum cruiser frame, and will have the SBP shift kit. So between having gears to get out of the vibe-zone, and the beefy sbp rear mount, I'm sure it will hold up. That's also why the mount is so long, because of the stretch.

Just a suggestion...buy several bikes that have different frame configurations...then make some mounts. That's what I did...and it's a REAL eye opener.

I have over 20 common bike frames, that I modeled, precisely, in 3D...I also accurately modeled in 3D the complete engine...problems still come up! It is not easy to create a universal part.

Jim
Your hard work shows in the quality of your products. Cant wait to see new stuff.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Yes...just like the ones I make.

I have come up with a new design that is even better...It will not be made public until Pirate Cycles & Piston bikes have them In-stock and ready for shipment...I've learned my lesson!

Jim
I just looked all over pirate's and couldn't find any:confused:,and the design is similar too yours not exactly just similar,personaly I liked the alum pan the engine bolted too from about a year (maybetwo yrs ago)and then mounted in the frame.Maybe steel would have worked
It breaks down too who has the parts when I need them,
I remember a Deawoo in our shop and waiting almost a month for break parts
It breaks down too who has the parts when I need them

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
I just looked all over pirate's and couldn't find any:confused:,and the design is similar too yours not exactly just similar,personaly I liked the alum pan the engine bolted too from about a year (maybetwo yrs ago)and then mounted in the frame.Maybe steel would have worked

This is why we are considering offering these forsale. We're not trying to take over the market, and sell a million of them. Good parts for these things are hard to come by, and thats not how it should be. However Its not easy to come up with something functional, durable, and most important AFFORDABLE. I feel almost obligated to provide another option for people who need or want one.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Corgi,

Pirate Cycles has never had them. I've made about 150 sets and sold them direct for testing purposes. I'm working on simplifying them so that I can create a program for my distributors.

I'm sure the pan design would have worked fine in steel...That design just wasn't universal enough.

Jim

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
well,that explains not finding the mounts ,thanks,the not universal part ,from the pic(from way back threads) looked like they have may have needed the adjustable angle mounts (and the frame size part)(hope I didn't miss seeing that part,it was late and i've been known too snooz sitting at the computer nate at nite)