High Idle

GoldenMotor.com

Bushman

Jul 11, 2010
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
I just completed my first build a few weeks ago. The bike has been running good until yesterday. I went for a ride and half way through I decided to change the position of the e-clip in the carburetor. I continued home and about a block away started losing power and experienced bogging the rest of the way home. I had the e-clip in its highest position so thought it was running lean. When I got home I looked at the plug and it looked good so I moved the e-clip down one notch and took it for a spin. As soon as it started it runs at very high idle and I shut it down asap.
I have a Skyhawk Slant 66cc with the Super carburetor. I am thinking a air leak or I did some damage to the top end from running lean. It has been running good up to about 24 MPH and then It seems to vibrate and not run as smooth.

Bushman

Jul 11, 2010
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
All I did was check the plug and adjust e-clip in the carburetor. I did notice that I don't seem to have the same amount of travel in my throttle. Maybe the slide is sticking and not going all the way down.

Bushman

Jul 11, 2010
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
No the slide is not in backwards. I have had it apart several times. It turns out the slide was sticking. I had the bike up at the cabin last weekend and did a lot of riding on dirt roads. I took the carburetor apart and cleaned everything and it runs better. It does bog when I give it gas and takes a second or two to pick up speed and then it runs good. It feels like the motor is being restricted and wants to go faster. It runs good to 25 mph but when I go WOT it don't respond like it should and vibrates. What up with that?