(FLOODING) NT carbs I have stink....!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I ordered the NT from Spooky.....On my stock carb. I have the jet soldered on that one...And runs pretty sweet...But then I read about how they are messin up.....I`ll keep that in mind, thanks....
I ordered a new NT off of e-bay for $11.50 + $3 or $4 shipping, it's the one I'm running right now and it is doing very good, it came with the junky chrome air filter on it but I had one of the less junky black plastic one so I put it on the carb. I live out in the country and have 3 1/2 mile of dirt road before I even hit pavement so I need as good of filter as possible on mine. good luck with the carb. I hope it runs like a scaulded ape on your bike.....!

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I ordered a new NT off of e-bay for $11.50 + $3 or $4 shipping, it's the one I'm running right now and it is doing very good, it came with the junky chrome air filter on it but I had one of the less junky black plastic one so I put it on the carb. I live out in the country and have 3 1/2 mile of dirt road before I even hit pavement so I need as good of filter as possible on mine. good luck with the carb. I hope it runs like a scaulded ape on your bike.....!
The one on SPOOKY shows a red filter cover on it....Ya I hope to have some luck with it.....
I just rode mine today and it is running soo damn good/smooth that I hate t mess with it....But you know how we are,lol....
Thanks brother.....

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I've used two of those carbs from spooky tooth. I immediately throw that red filter cover and filter in the trash and replace with the K&N type chrome filter from sick bike parts and they both have ran very good so far with no problems.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've used two of those carbs from spooky tooth. I immediately throw that red filter cover and filter in the trash and replace with the K&N type chrome filter from sick bike parts and they both have ran very good so far with no problems.
I'm curious about why you swapped out the stock carb for the NT. Was it because the stock carbs were defective (other than inherent design/production limitations) or was it to get more power? Is there a noticeable improvement over an OK running stock kit carb? I'm considering ordering one and would appreciate an opinion. Thanks,
SB

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
you think youve had problems with the junk ones, just wait until you start tuning your CNS in.... someonething tells me that you wont be happy.

Good luck,

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ok I guess it is time to clear this all up.... I have not switched over to the CNS yet its still in the box, I do have my NT running very good now though and will continue to run it on the engine it's on for a while, I have another engine that I will be putting the CNS on in the future, but I will build a good intake for it before I do anything with it.

The way I finally got my NT carb going good was, using some toothpaste between the needle and seat after chucking up the seat in a small 12V drill I then held the needle with some pliers and spun the seat slowly while moving the needle back and forth, the tooth paste has mica in it which is a mild abrasive so I lapped them together this way to for a perfect seal, I then soldered my main jet and then redrilled it with a #73 wire gauge bit to limit the fuel flow and eliminate the running to rich issue I was having after getting the needle and seat lapped in, I also adjusted the float so that with the carb held upside down and the float sitting on the needle lever fingers it would be even across the bottom with the main jet, I'm not sure what the actual specs. are on the float setting I just know that this setting works just fine in my carb. I made sure that I have a good air tight seal between intake and carb. and it's running very good now.

I hope this will help someone else and at the same time end the questions about my experience with the CNS, because I have not dove into that tank yet....!

scratg .wee.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I have the same problem with the one with the cheap chrome air filter from bgf..It was running fine,then flooded like crazy with gas just pouring out of the air filter.I guess out of the hole by the choke.beats me.As far as the cns.I just put a low profile air filter from sbp on it and it works fine.I took the nt off and looked at it.Everything looks ok,did like you and adjusted bowl level(it was working fine until recently),drained all the gas in the tank(never know),put it back on good and sealed.I went ahead and ordered another in case I cant get it going.Have to get some more gas to test it.I'm wondering if it might be a leak in the fuel line(air leak)? I'll keep looking into it

Last edited: