Tool Time

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
My Dad was a Chevy mechanic for 50 years and I got his boxes when he retired I'm sure I can dig up something out of there that no one can identify. My brother grabbed all the specialty Corvair tools and I know there's some of those that NO ONE could identify. lol

On a side note, almost cried when I broke his 1/2 Plomb breaker bar working on my truck when I found out it was almost 60 years old.

Ok here we go Not my picture but I have one, what is it? :D

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
David,
You have me stumped unless the last one is a coil spring compressor. GM used to have something like it for Corvairs, back in the 60s.
Is the puller for harmonic balancers?
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My Dad was a Chevy mechanic for 50 years and I got his boxes when he retired I'm sure I can dig up something out of there that no one can identify. My brother grabbed all the specialty Corvair tools and I know there's some of those that NO ONE could identify. lol

Ok here we go Not my picture but I have one, what is it? :D
A ratcheting screwdriver?
Tom

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Fairracing

#1 ?
#2 tie rod adjusters, used 'em plenty.
#3 for what? Whatever it fits. lol
#4 automatic trans clutch pack compressor

2door

#1 Cleco tool
#2 Window crank clip remover I think.
#3 Another cleco tool?
#4 & 5 A real fancy telescopic magnetic pickup?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
doc, is that a dohicky for a watchamacallit? i think my grandfather had one on the farm, he used it when the bull pinion jumped the heifer shaft. ron

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I was thinking that was some kind of interface box, got one for early Chevettes but it's just a plastic card you plugged into the interface under the hood and it has tabs to connect each lead.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fairracing

#1 ?
#2 tie rod adjusters, used 'em plenty.
#3 for what? Whatever it fits. lol
#4 automatic trans clutch pack compressor

2door

#1 Cleco tool
#2 Window crank clip remover I think.
#3 Another cleco tool?
#4 & 5 A real fancy telescopic magnetic pickup?
Kev,
You got #3... #2 is a little bigger than a crank tool. It's about 20" long and made of 3/16" thick tool steel. I do have a crank tool in that box somewhere. Wish I'd have remembered it.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I gotta go to bed...the last two of mine are a safety wire installing tool. You run the wires through the end, wrap and twist...Good night :)
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Well that's why I didn't recognize it, dad made his own valve spring compressor tool out of an old hunk of leaf spring. rotfl

In a shop with most guys having 5k Snapon or Mac boxes that they needed a stepladder to get into my dad was the one who did everything out of a 40 year old Craftsman bottom box and a Cornwell top that stood all of 5' tall. :D