buy or sell?

GoldenMotor.com

fzrdelirium

Jul 16, 2009
Buffalo, NY
this is a tester for buying a chain for a 80cc engine if anyone has one to sell for a good price or a link for where to buy them it would be appreciated.

also this is the tester for the sale of a 80cc engine kit with everything except a chain...i set everything up...ran all the wires..and got it running...but i wasnt thrilled with the product it just seemed a little goofy to me and since i already have a motorcycle this was just a fun project...what would someone pay for the kit, minus the chain?

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I got a KMC420 chain for mine. A bit wider, but not a problem. And it doesn't suck like the stock chain does. I think it cost $16 at a local bike shop.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
maybe because it isn't aligned properly it is eating the chain? or maybe because you are using a stock chain which eats itself because it is crap? Also, my chain was rubbing on the clutch cover. Really obvious where when you take the cover off. Just filed it down, and no rubbing anymore. There is actually a post about that somewhere on the forum...

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
If you don’t have a Tractor Supply nearby, bet you have a Grainger. They have the 41 chain and half links (they call them offset links) if you want to get rid of you stock tensioner. Good luck.

scooterhoot

Aug 2, 2009
Britton,mi
After a chain tensioner failure took out my stock POC (peice of crap) chain I got the #41 chain from Tractor Supply, but any farm co-op or industral supply should hook you up.