Villiers Board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Imthegrt1

Nov 8, 2014
USA
What's holding that pulley on is it just a bolt and washer or you using the bearing and nut from the old crank?

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
here's another angle of the pulley. The tube has a couple of bearings and spacer in, bolt thru pulling it all together. Bracket on the frame to make it removable and adjustable

I like the link belts, nice n easy

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
Happy New year to you all, had a great break, now need to get back on track. Frame all welded up and making seat brackets

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
I'll get the inclinometer on the headstock again, she won't be built for speed that's for sure brnot

Last edited:

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
Had a short fire up last week, problem no1 the engine speed won't overcome the clutch springs

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Or heavier shoes. A Mobylette or Raleigh clutch operates at low rpm if you can fit one, and the bonus is it will start the engine when you pedal.

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
The Hilliard springs are a spring steel 'C' type affair about 20mm in depth, I'm planning to reduce the amount of material to start with. They're already the weakest springs Hilliard do, 1800rpm

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
See the picture:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29678&page=12 On page 12 Post #113 Pic 5 of 5 of my thread "Art Fish Mobile Motor Bike prior Motor Bike DIY'er build to add side car maybe?"

The clutch I have looks like the belt clutch you have. I hear it works with rpm tings at 1800 - 2000 is locked up. When I used 8 ratio it was heating up and did not grab until it slowly go up speed.

20:1 ratio now it is good for my trail, off roading license. You probably want a faster speed so not as high for you, but higher lessens engine torque need I think.

The 3hp 4 stroke Briggs engine works nice with it. I since have a similar sheave as the one you have. My home made washing machine pulley was a good thing to do 40 years ago as they were steel, but all I could get now was aluminum and it cracked.

If you go with the large spoke pulley to get a higher ratio if not some other way getting engine to not stall, please use a cover. Later pages in my thread show the covers on both sides of engine. Leave the carb uncovered, but a 700 to 1200 rpm 10 inch spoke type pulley next to your leg is not safe.

Section Belts I tried, but they could not do as well as regular V-belt, so I changed to a cogged belt V belt that goes around small pulleys better. Every once in a while cleaning with acetone the metal pulleys to get grime off and the belts don't slip as much under heavy load.

I really like the looks of your bike! Keep pictures coming!

MT

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=559584#post559584 Legal OHV Trail Riding and Forest Fire Roads

Last edited: