My First bike

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey nsanecopilot, nice ride(^)

Are those Town and Country tires? How are you liking them I have a set and so far I like them both off and on road.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Hey nsanecopilot, nice ride(^)

Are those Town and Country tires? How are you liking them I have a set and so far I like them both off and on road.
Yes they are and i like them too. The wide panama jack whitewalls that were on there before went away almost right away when i got the bike....brnot

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh almost forgot... I want to put a 36, or more likely 40 tooth rear sprocket for a little more crusing speed. I want to use one of those machine aluminum sprocket adaptors, but i dont know which hub i have to order the right one that fits. Its a huffy panama jack. How do i tell which one i have?
Because of inconsistancies in bikes/hubs from the factory (The Schwinn Jaguar had three different hubs), you need to measure the diameter of your hub to be assured of ordering the correct size.
Use a caliper, digital or manual, and get a precise measurement then compare your reading with hub adapters offered by the different vendors. You need to be accurate, down to the thousands of an inch to be sure the adapter will fit your hub.

Good luck.

Tom

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Because of inconsistancies in bikes/hubs from the factory (The Schwinn Jaguar had three different hubs), you need to measure the diameter of your hub to be assured of ordering the correct size.
Use a caliper, digital or manual, and get a precise measurement then compare your reading with hub adapters offered by the different vendors. You need to be accurate, down to the thousands of an inch to be sure the adapter will fit your hub.

Good luck.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I need to get a digital caliper, not just for this but other projects as well...
Put about 40 miles on it today, and seem to have all the bugs worked out with the wheel alignment. Got my jet kit in the mail, so i will re install the perf carb and see how that works out.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Ok spent some time with my bike and it moves along quite nice now. Took the top end off and did some minor porting. Widened the intake and exhaust 2mm. Raised exhaust 1mm and lowered the intake 1mm. Smoothed out the transfer ports with a narrow round file. And sanded down the angle fire head just a bit. Together with the opened up intake manifold and exhaust header i did 2 weeks ago i would say the HP has doubled on this bike. Sounds more like a dirtbike and less like a weed eater.....

Ok I finally solved the chain rubbing the tire once and for all!!! The cure is the Manic mechanic "standard large adapter" sprocket assy with 40 tooth sprocket. Very smooth and true with 1/2" gap from the tire. The only issue was the coaster brake arm. We removed the coaster break arm and shoes inside the hub. Seems to work ok. Installed a cantilever brake from a parts bike using a dual brake lever. I like that! I Don't like coaster brakes. Don't know if i will have any problems running a coaster brake hub with no coaster brake guts inside. Put 15 miles today on it and seemed fine. I got the jet kit for my perf carb and that goes on next...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Seems these cheap Huffys all break the frame in the same spot. Found that out after about 100 miles of riding. Had to weld and reinforce it. Not the prettiest thing now but is strong and i have learned a lot with this bike And going to build a new one real soon. A Schwinn Legacy cruiser i just bought. Ordered a DAX motor and kit !!! I will start a new thread later when i get everything together. Or mostly so. It will be better doing it right the first time than rebuilding someone else mistake like this bike was.

It seems i can't post pictures unless using photobucket, and i just organized my motorbike page there. So my earlier pics disappeared. Sorry.