bmx 410 chain with shiftkit for mountain bike how to fit??

GoldenMotor.com

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
I ordered the shift kit for my mountain bike... It came with the 410 bike chain it is a bmx single speed chain... It is about 10-12" shorter then the chain on my motorized bicycle so I can not install my shift kit is anyone else having the same problem and how do you hook it up?? .shft.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
The 410 cain will go from motor output sprocket to jackshaft and it will also go from right side jackshaft sprocket to outer chain ring sprocket.It is not for replacing your the bike chain

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
The 410 cain will go from motor output sprocket to jackshaft and it will also go from right side jackshaft sprocket to outer chain ring sprocket.It is not for replacing your the bike chain
Well my engine comes with the 415 chain and the 410 chain is only bike chain that will fit over the shift kit chainring to bicycle gears the mountain bike chain doesn't even fit over the sprocket teeth so no its not to put on the engine part it makes no sence to downgrade the engine chain instructions say to use that chain replace the moubtinbike chain to fit the chainring teeth

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
So use engine chain to connect engine to jackshaft and 410 chain from jackshaft to outer freewheel sprocket.You might have to get a little wider chain to replAce your existing bicycle chain.I run 410 on evrything.Just tryin to help but I have no idea what kit or motor you have..

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
So use engine chain to connect engine to jackshaft and 410 chain from jackshaft to outer freewheel sprocket.You might have to get a little wider chain to replAce your existing bicycle chain.I run 410 on evrything.Just tryin to help but I have no idea what kit or motor you have..
yea i think the only thing can really do is go buy an extra 410 chain to add links to the 1 that came with the kit o make it longer as it is a short chain for a bmx its to short to go through the derailleur and around the gears and reach to connect around the freewheel sprocket in the front chainring so looks like i will have to wait till payday to buy the additional chain i wish they would send it in the kit or suggest purchasing 1 as you will probably need 1 unless you get a extra long chain to begin with in the kit but for me on a standard mountain bike the single chain is way to short so will need to make it longer

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You can't use bmx chain in your derailleur. You're using the wrong sprocket for the mtb chain.

Then again,bikeberry sucks,so I've read.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
ok so you have a derailuer..I have a internal hub.Dgizzle is correct 410 is to wide to fit the cluster/freewheel.Are you sure you are going about the sprockkets corectly?Sick bike parts have a few downloads that might help.Now that I see your bike that chain sould fit around the crank sprocket that came with your kit.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
yea i think the only thing can really do is go buy an extra 410 chain to add links to the 1 that came with the kit o make it longer as it is a short chain for a bmx its to short to go through the derailleur and around the gears and reach to connect around the freewheel sprocket in the front chainring so looks like i will have to wait till payday to buy the additional chain i wish they would send it in the kit or suggest purchasing 1 as you will probably need 1 unless you get a extra long chain to begin with in the kit but for me on a standard mountain bike the single chain is way to short so will need to make it longer
Post a picture of what you have done so far with the shift kit.