Mating AGK jackshaft plate with comet tav2 torque converter

GoldenMotor.com

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Ok, so I have the AGK jackshaft plate that was not use for the 99cc build, and it seemed that I can use the plate instead of the tav2 torque converter plate. Any one that has both set up has look into this?

If it work, I wouldn't need to install the jackshaft to the frame at all. Plus I can swap between clutch and the Tav2.

Last edited:

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Chain alignment is done. I have about 3/8" of clearance on a 2.4" tires.

Just a bit of straighten out the top tensioner.

Last edited:

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
What's keeping the second pulley from hitting the mounting plate?
I'm very interested in trying this on my project
What all did you have to do?

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I was lining it up with the first pulley. There will be washers in between the second pulley and the plate. The plate made it a lot easier to keep the motor center and lining up with the rear sprocket.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I bought the jackshaft plate for the 99cc build but didn't use it because I went with a shift kit, and could not fit the jackshaft plate with SBP shift kit very well.

The total cost was about the same price as the GTC converter. I would highly suggest getting a GTC converter if you do not have the jackshaft plate already.

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
I got the tav2 for my 212cc build, but after mocking up the engine plate it seems the plate on mine is a bit longer so i'd have to make a jackshaft to put it over an inch anyways I guess
Great idea though!