Part Whizzer, Part Vespa.

GoldenMotor.com

JohnK

Sep 18, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I've started mocking something up.

I've got a Whizzer Amabasador with no engine and a Vespa engine with no bike to put it in.

The fit is closer than I expected, I think I'll only have to chop the front mount on the Vespa engine and put a bracket on the downtubes for it. The rear will need to come up a little bit to allow me to change the gear oil in the engine.

My friend thinks we can put a pulley on the output shaft from the transmission, Or we may Possibly mount a pully to the hub for the wheel so we can still operate the brake that's built into the engine.

We'll need to figure out a idler pully, some sort of belt tension device, and a way to get a 3 to 1 ratio between that hula-hoop on the rear wheel and the Vespa motor.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Intressting,should be a koool build. Got to watch this and see what the finial outcome is....Don't know why the pully won't work, should be awesome........Curt

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
If that bike had a CVT it will have a jackshaft mount on the upright...you'll just use that... I changed mine to accept bearings with 5/8 shaft... They're just 12mm.
Put your pulley there

JohnK

Sep 18, 2013
Tucson, AZ
No CVT, Vintage Vespa's have a internal transmission and the output shaft goes to the brake plate and then rim for the wheel.