Im ready to make the switch to 4 stroke..Couple q's..

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
My main question is power comparison between hs142 and 66 chinagirl....What are the real world differences in power and speed??

I pull a trailer most of the time and it takes its toll on my 2 stroke... Does the 4 have more torque than the 2???? I now have to peddle assist at slow speeds or against a strong wind....

Will I be happy with a standard hs142 or should I go the hf79 route(more complicated getting built) or the dax high perf 4 stroke??.....

What about the clutch... is the grubee 4g any good, or is the qmatic that much better......

Thanks.....

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The HS142 has more low RPM torque.
I still have to pedal assist my EZM up the steep hill I live on and I have a 60t rear sprocket on it too.

My Chinagirl has a faster top speed than my EZM but it climbs the hill slower.
My EZM has waaay less vibration than my Chinagirl.
The HF79 has more hill climbing torque than the HS142. I am considering using one for my next build, home made jack shaft and all.
The Grubee 4G is good, but during my one and only group ride I noticed that my EZM out climbed the hills compared to the other bikes equipped with the 4G's. Back then it had the original 56 tooth rear sprocket too.
The Qmatic clutch is stouter than the 4G clutch. The 4G clutch can be easily improved though with either a genuine Oilite bushing or the ball bearing conversion if you get the Bicycle-Engines dot com kit with the long shaft engine.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
I would consider a shift kit. My bike's low gear combined with 5 to 1 4G and the 28 tooth sprocket on the crank makes my bike so low geared I feel like it'll climb stairs.