Here we go - Huffy Nel Lusso 26" Vintage build

GoldenMotor.com

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
Howdy all ! I'm Eugene Hughes and I'm new here and yes, I have the fever. Im going to do a build using a Huffy Nel Lusso 26" Men's Cruiser Bike.

Below is a rough mockup of what I'm aiming for:

The motor is not quite to scale and I'm wondering how low I can mount it in the frame and not have pedal issues. I will have to get the parts and see.

I' looking for a vintage setup like the 1905ish bikes, not Boardtrack all the way as I want a comfortable rider where I can sit upright. I'm planning on using a 4 stroke motor. I'd love to use a 4 stroke that has some power generation as I wish to add a headlight and a taillight of sorts. I have not decided what clutch transmission setup I want to go with ultimately. I hope I can make a good go using the Huffy Nel Lusso. I just bougth one from Wallyworld. It was rusted somewhat so I got it for $85 bucks. I will have a million questions here soon after I spend some time looking thru old threads.

I'm going to get a springer front end, a custom gas tank, mount some ammo boxes as saddlebags, disc brake up front, hub brake in the rear with the sprocket mounting to the hub. I see that custommotoredbicycles sells hubs. I have never relaced a hub before so it's time I learn. So time for me to get busy and I will ask a zillion questions here soon..best !

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Sorry to tell you. But many people have had issues with this frame cracking, with only a 2 stroke china girl.
It's the same frame as the Huffy Panama Jack. Look it up in the cruiser section.

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
OK thanx, I have decded to build the bike using a Grubee 48cc 2 stroke kit and forgo frame mods. I bought 2 grubee kits to motorize the Huffy and a Schwinn bike I have. I will sell those at cost or a loss. I ordered a springer front end from Piratebike for the Huffy. I will do the builds to get some experience and then get a better bike frame to make a custom build from. Im thinking of doing a Worksman Cruiser if they survived sandy or see what I can get my hands on from Craigslist