Bike getting no power

GoldenMotor.com

Thinking green

Aug 6, 2012
Florida
Last night my bike fired up just fine, the back tie wouldn't roll unless I held cloth in. so I messed with the part that the clutch wire runs 2, the one with the brass piece and the arm it attached t and now no power. Any h help would be awesome as I'm new to this

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Last night my bike fired up just fine, the back tie wouldn't roll unless I held cloth in. so I messed with the part that the clutch wire runs 2, the one with the brass piece and the arm it attached t and now no power. Any h help would be awesome as I'm new to this
The first sentence of your question is confusing. Actually that's the way its supposed to work. The rear wheel is engaged to the engine UNLESS you pull the clutch in (squeeze the handlebar lever) DO NOT start messing with the flower nut until you have read and understand exactly what you're doing and how to do it correctly.
From your description I'll have to guess that you tightened the cable too much and the clutch is now disengaged.
Remove the cable from the clutch actuator arm and see if the bike will roll freely. It shouldn't. Then push the clutch arm in with your hand as far as you can and test again. The bike should roll easily unless you release the arm.
Let us know what you find.

Tom