How a Bicycle is made (1945)

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's neat Max. Its scary how there's no guards on any machine, heh heh. I like how they cut the teeth in the crank sprocket. Oh, and that truing meters cool, eh?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Very intersting. No OSHA back then LOL. No safety equipment on man or machine. did you notice that the guy sticking the frames in the paint vat with his ungloved hand in the paint?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yeah no OSHA back then! Shame we don't make stuff like this here anymore. That was a awesome video. Found the presses and other automated equipment very interesting!:)

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I really liked that movie too.
Thank you for sharing it with us, Max.

I thought it was interesting that the movie was labeled as being about Raleigh bicycles but the frame clearly had Rudge painted on it.
Are they one in the same?

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I really liked that movie too.

I thought it was interesting that the movie was labeled as being about Raleigh bicycles but the frame clearly had Rudge painted on it.
Are they one in the same?
I have a full suspension Raleigh, and as chance would have it, I got a second Raleigh for 50 bux and put a motor on it!
Hot Dang!

Anyway, the bird logo on the crank sprocket in the video is the same logo on both my fork stems.

Thanks for the video.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi ALL
I worked at the AMF plant in Olney Illinois from 1980 to 1986 till they started inporting china bikes. i have done most of the jobs in the video. it was a fun job.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Very intersting. No OSHA back then LOL. No safety equipment on man or machine. did you notice that the guy sticking the frames in the paint vat with his ungloved hand in the paint?
LOL ya nowdays someone would sue. No wonder that older paint is so tough!