First build, Boardtracker & Question

GoldenMotor.com

Denisesewa

Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
I Started on my Boardtracker build last Saturday , I want this bike to be as nice as possible so decided to strip a mouuntain bike I built a couple winters ago and havnt used much ,so one week in and this is where I'm at, Machined a hub adapter to allow the use of hydrolic brakes front and rear this was a real chore since clearances are so tight and I wanted an absolute straight chain line, converted the cassette from 9 speed to 5 speed and altered the huffy cruiser frame to accept the wheel, derailiuer and brakes, converted the BB to allow the use of the 3 piece cranks, altered the steer tube to accept 1 1/8 headset and the SID forks, Fabricated a spring loaded chain tensioner from a rear derailiuer, removed the 2 frame tubes and added a single straight tube, I decided I didnt like the looks of the throttle so converted a suspension lockout lever to a thumb throttle, this also let me keep the nice lock-on grips. yesterday I built the tank out of a piece of VW roof and this was my first experience with TIG, have to hand it to you guys who build tanks, this was a pain ! ( but I am now in love with TIG) , the front portion of the tank is hollow to allow mounting of the coil and wiring, I had thought to make a section of the rear part of the tank into a boost bottle but decided I'd rather have the fuel. I am trying to keep this as clean a build as possible and will route wires through the frame.
I also have this Pipe comming, too cheap to pass up >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/150827663125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have also ported the intake and installed DAX's carb.

Since the engine mounts are bigger than the frame tube I wrapped the tube with rubber but have some movement, I understand some people use JB weld to Bed the mounts to the frame , I am interested in hearing any suggestions on mounting the engine better.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome

And Thanks to all those who have posted info here, been a great resource for the first time builder and I very much appreciate it!

the poor doner bike