Revs high when Coming to a stop

GoldenMotor.com

dynocruiser

Sep 23, 2011
Brawley, CA
Hello, this is my first cruiser with a motor. I have a 66cc Stinger and the problem is that when I am riding it is great, but when I put the clutch on it starts to rev higher. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what I need to do or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

zpt

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
it might rev a little higher w/o a load.
if it is too high adjust your idle screw.you didn't say what carb you have.
so it is usually the screw in line below the throttle.
if you tighten it make sure you do it wjile the throtle is pulled so the screw doesn't dig into the throttle.

al the idler screw does is to stop the throttle form going lower.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Air leaks in the induction system will also cause a higher than normal idle speed. Start looking at how the carburetor is attached to the intake manifold and the intake manifold gasket at the cylinder.
Tom

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I have the same problem man, i half ass fixed it already. When I pull the clutch ALL the way it revs like a raped ape but if I let's day pull the cluth lever 10-25% it revs normal. Hey like above post mentioned, air leak! Check where carn connects to intake manifold and manifold to engine. I had to use Teflon tape wrapped around where carb goes on Intake, I also used t tape for the flimsy idle adjust screw and drain screw.. Pretty much every carb screw.

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
maybe your throttle cable is getting stuck. and you dont notice it till you pull the clutch because when its engaged your engine is under load so wont rev up.