Idle screw making no difference??

GoldenMotor.com

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
hi guys and girls, today after finishing off my 5 build I started the bike and it started first go but it idle a bit to high,

so I tried trying to tuned the carb by turning the idle screw out to make it idle less but made no difference to the idle??

I took out the screw and it started to idle slightly higher but not crazy?

The top and bottom gaskets are not leaking, magneto seal good, clutch seal good.

What is happening??

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Is your throttle cable too tight?

Is this a China Two Stroke? If so? The intake manifold gasket how is it? Does the carb seal up good to the intake manifold? Take your air filter off and with the motor off. Just simply observe if the throttle assembly is sticking in any way.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
if its a CNS carb the air/fuel mix screw, turn that in all the way, and start adjusting the idle from there.

sounds like the problem i was having, flybytaco told me to do that and it worked for me so give it a try. he said cns just don't work well unless that screw is all the way in for what ever reason.

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
Is your throttle cable too tight?

Is this a China Two Stroke? If so? The intake manifold gasket how is it? Does the carb seal up good to the intake manifold? Take your air filter off and with the motor off. Just simply observe if the throttle assembly is sticking in any way.
yes its a 66cc china, the inlet gasket is sealed with RTV red stuff so seal is good and tight, the throttle assembly is not sticking and moving up and down without stress.

I'm ??

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
if its a CNS carb the air/fuel mix screw, turn that in all the way, and start adjusting the idle from there.

sounds like the problem i was having, flybytaco told me to do that and it worked for me so give it a try. he said cns just don't work well unless that screw is all the way in for what ever reason.
I have the stock NT and the Red cover carb both having same issues and normally I play around with the Idle screw to make correct adjustment but this time the screw won't do nothing?

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
Thanks guys just found out the leak coming from the small gear seal on both of the same engine bought from the same seller!

Will have it replace today so fingers cross it sorts it out.

Cheers Goat herder & Matthurd

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
glad ya got it sorted out, have fun. i gotta put mine back in order in the next day or 2, then i get to ride all spring n summer long :D