First build troubles

GoldenMotor.com

CruisinOCMD

Jan 18, 2011
OCMD
Hey guys im still in the middle of building my first motorized bike and i got my skyhawk 66/80cc with the CNS carb I got everything mounted and everything working but im having some issues with it not running smoothly.
I still havnt got through the initial break in period but its hard to when it doesnt run consistantly.
I'll get it to fire up and it will slowly pick up speed and ive acctually got it going really fast and then it gradually slows down, and down, and down, and then bogs and i have to pedal just to keep it running and then i let it idle for a few seconds and it picks up a little bit and then bogs again.
Sometimes it will just stall out completely.
Is this a carb problem or is it because its not broken in? Did i do something wrong? Im running a slightly lighter oil to fuel mix to help break the engine in and ive checked the seals on the carb and engine and adjusted the idle screw ugraded the plug and plug wire ugraded the throttle handle with a real dirtbike throttle off an old Honda and added a fuel filter im now stumped and running out of ideas.

CruisinOCMD

Jan 18, 2011
OCMD
im running 24:1 for the break in and then i plan on switching to 100:1 Amsoil after that, but i still cant get it running.

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
look to see if your choke is still on. I had that problem when The bolt that held the choke to the off position rattled loose. It started OK then it would not give me any power. If I set the choke back to the off position it worked for a wile and then ran badly again. I fixed the problem by retightening that bolt and setting it with blue lock-tight.

mike