Somethings wrong and I don't know what it is.

GoldenMotor.com

Eal111

Oct 20, 2010
Columbia, Maryland
I just got my bike to work, sort of. There is something wrong with my throttle I think. I can get the engine to run but when I accelerate the engine slows down then sputters and stops. I have the choke lever down and when I disengage my engine and pull the throttle it seems to work fine. Whenever I reengage the engine and use the throttle it slows down and then stops. HELP!!! I also use 32:1 oil ratio. This is a new engine so maybe i need a higher mixture.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
this may sound like a stupid question, but are you trying to take off from a dead stop without pedaling?

if so, that's why it's dying. the motor needs some help to get going. you have to pedal a little, and once it's rolling, it'll go.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
this may sound like a stupid question, but are you trying to take off from a dead stop without pedaling?

if so, that's why it's dying. the motor needs some help to get going. you have to pedal a little, and once it's rolling, it'll go.
Another spot on evaluation Dr. Watson! ;)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The chain? You cannot have any wobble in the kit sprocket. If the sprocket has any off set to the teeth you will want it pointed away from the wheel. [Gives better tire chain clearance] Also you may have to custum bend the chain teinsoner if you are using it to fall in line with the chain.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Home Depot has clear 1/4 vinyl tube in the refrigerator plumbing section. Its about $2-5 for a roll of it. Use what you need and put zip-ties or little hose clamps on the fuel barbs after you mount the hose, to prevent leaks. This stuff works great and when it hardens up after 6 months or so you can just use some more.