Engine selection

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
So i started a thread in the introduce your self forum and thought I would re-post my question in the proper forum; I have a budget of $100 or less and actually would like to find just a motor for around 50 bucks I am going to make my own jack shaft so I'm not sure if I need the 66cc motor. I am wondering if the 49cc motor with a jackshaft will move me at least as good as the 66cc with no shaft or might it be a little faster. Oh not to forget to mention I have a bike set up already and I just want to replace the motor.

this is now zptlaff and this is what I want .shft.dnut

Last edited:

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
they are selling that length of copper pipe that cost them all of 3 dollars and some time to braze to move your carb to the front for a ram air effect. I'm not so sure it will live up to their claims.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
May I make a suggestion, I know this is above your target price but I would seriously consider this option.

KIT_INFRAME_2_STROKE

Cost a bit more but for that extra cost you will get excellent customer service then ebay. Not to mention a vendor who is active on the forum.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
well I wish I could but really I am on unemployment and that motor is more than my checks are. I really do need to find just the motor I have the rest of the kit, I found a couple for around $80, maybe somebody's got one lying around they don't need anymore(yea right lol but gotta ask ya know) engine prices have gone up since a year ago when I started looking for a replacement motor. A year ago I found one for $65. I will even buy someone's used one if it runs. My car died a month ago and I am having trouble getting it fixed and I need to get to work unemployment is not cutting it. So my new goal as of a couple of days ago is to get a new motor on this bike and as fast as possible. Thank you guys I hope you all can help me get rolling

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
well I looked but I did not see any just two stroke motor I seen there page for just 4 stroke motor but not a two stroke I really need a motor and can't afford the whole kit

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
so i am guessing with the limited responses to my question that it is a pipe dream of finding one of these motor's for $50

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Dax used to offer just motors, I guess he does not do that anymore. I have no ideal where to get just the motor other then ebay. Remember you get what you pay for.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Ya I know, I wonder if anybody's got one lying around that they might want to make a few bucks of off, my total budget is $100 but that is unemployment money and I go without anything for the week that I spend it on a motor so the less the better and I will keep looking I found one for around 85 and that will probably be the one I get. I have two and a half more weeks until I can buy one so I got some time. Would it help to post in the classifieds forum, oh and thanks Dave for all the input so far

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
do you think it might be fruitful to call the different companies and ask if they might have a good running motor they would sell outside of a kit

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Think I might go with another whole kit it seems they are not priced to sell by them selves they want us to buy the whole kit I think then I got a motor to rebuild maybe