the perfect 2 stoke setup

GoldenMotor.com

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
dance1 so, i think i have gathered the information needed to build a good racer of one of these two stroke motors. heres what i think would make the best of the best of these bikes.

start with 80cc new motor kit with new carb and what not:
Silver Grubee SkyHawk Angle Fire 80cc Bicycle Engine Kit EPA Certified BikeBerry.com

billet head and piston:
Search

4L gas tank: Bicycle Motor Engine Oil and Gas Tank 4 Liters (4L) Parts - Motorized Bike Oil Tank 4L Parts - Bike Motor Oil Tank 4L Parts - Motorized Bike Parts

jack chain set:
Sick Bike Parts

and *****en exhaust:
Sick Bike Parts

so what do ya think? im wondering if it would pull over 50 mph. heres my questions:

what starter engine kit is one of good quality?

and what kind of bike to run all this beast on?

so tell me what ya think

mobike91 - wil

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've said this time and again and I'll continue to say it.
If you want to go that fast, buy a motorcycle. These are bicycles and were never designed or meant to go 50mph, or even 40. This is especially true if your platform is a low priced department store bike or one of questionable strength. If your goal is speed then start by building the bike to take the stress of speed. All the performance goodies in the world won't keep things together if the frame cracks, the wheels collapse or the breaks fail. The hobby doesn't need the impact of people getting hurt, or worse, on a motorized bicycle.
Tom

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
well. i understand the risk factors involve in doing those kinds of speeds. and i understand about strenghth and weaknesses of bikes and what they are capable of. iv been riding bikes since i could put a foot on the pedal and move one. and i know that a general bike frame can take alot of stress, now thats just from my experience riding bikes, im sure in every town there is that guy who broke frames, wheels, and even there helmet while riding bikes and are now located in the local grave, but i dont plan on anything more than some cheap transpertation and an enjoyable ride out of these motors. (and maybe the occasional trail and mud hole if geared down properly) so ill head your warnings, and take your advice. but it wont stop me on my quest for speed. if i wanted a motor cycle i would get my lisence for it. but i dont want one. i have way more fun riding a little motor bike on $2 than riding a motor cycle for $110 a month in insurance and 20 dollars a full tank of gas.

so anywho. any great resulted bike brands out there? like khs, or gt or diamond back? and what motor kit seems to last a good long time? cause gt skyhawk failed me(prolly my own fault)

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I wouldn't really expect to go more than 35-40 mph max with the parts that you listed. These Chinese 2 stroke motors just aren't that fast. If you would like some more speed, I would start with a quality frame like the GT-2 or build your own and then talk to Duane at thatsdax and put in an order for his GT50R engine. This one puts out around 4 hp stock so roughly double the amount of power from a HT without all of the cost associated with those accessories.

If you would like a bike that cruises comfortably at 30-35 mph, I would consider going with a Huasheng 49cc motor. I put one on a bike that I built along with a flex pipe exhaust and the bike cruises at 30+ mph. It pulls so much in the mid-range that it feels like you are going to fly off the back of the bike. I would NOT spend all of this money on a HT due to the low bang for the buck and reliability.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I wouldn't really expect to go more than 35-40 mph max with the parts that you listed. These Chinese 2 stroke motors just aren't that fast. If you would like some more speed, I would start with a quality frame like the GT-2 or build your own and then talk to Duane at thatsdax and put in an order for his GT50R engine. This one puts out around 4 hp stock so roughly double the amount of power from a HT without all of the cost associated with those accessories.

If you would like a bike that cruises comfortably at 30-35 mph, I would consider going with a Huasheng 49cc motor. I put one on a bike that I built along with a flex pipe exhaust and the bike cruises at 30+ mph. It pulls so much in the mid-range that it feels like you are going to fly off the back of the bike. I would NOT spend all of this money on a HT due to the low bang for the buck and reliability.

I totally disagree with your "HT= low bang for the buck & reliability" statement!!! :rolleyes:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
While I'll concur with the roughly 35-40mph with the above listed parts & a Chinese 2 stroke, "reliability" depends entirely on the prep work & builder. It's true that sometimes ya jus' get a dud - but that's solved easily by simply purchasing from a reputable vendor whom honors their return policy.

Try the Morini engine --custom built frame or high end frame
This I also wholeheartedly agree with if you're after maximum performance, while the other engines listed are viable options - their actual horsepower ratings are little different than a properly tuned & modded HT and in fact are also Chinese quality so it may well be six of one & a 1/2 dozen of the other lol

Whereas the Morini truly is an amazing little powerplant, a whole different ballgame than the others - if you truly feel the need for speed, check out our http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47 morini mototrs section ;)

Last edited:

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
well. so far in my experience and finds. iv learned i need to add more oil. and stop using that dam marine crud lol. i was riding wide open at 35mph making a 15 mile trip. it was making some interesting noises but i didnt want to not get home so i kept right along. well few minutes later motor came to a instant abrupt stop, skidding down the rode i went. well. with less works. it was a gonner. anyhow. got a new motor on the way and am getting ready for an extreme build with the best of the best i can do with. gotta find all the right things first. and break it in properly this time lol. last time i just hopped on and road the piss out of it without a worry or care that it would even fail. well it failed.
i got the motor off of zoom cycles this time. hopefully its built a little better.