[Help] Rear mounting bolt broke

GoldenMotor.com

cm7l

Jul 30, 2010
canada
Hello,
I've been reading this forum for a while and now i have a problem so i figured i'd post here first.
I installed the engine kit about a week ago and it runs great. I use my bike mostly for to ride to work and the roads i take are very bad. I tighten the nuts frequently because of the vibration but when i went to tighten it last night the bolt was gone.. I took of the engine to find that it hadn't just vibrated out but it had broken off completely. I was wondering if i can get at it from inside the engine to get it out or if anyone else has a solution.
I can't post a picture because i don't have 3 posts yet..

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Go to your local hardware shop and ask what they got to remove snapped bolts. Normally they have this thing whre you drill a small hole in the center of it, then drill this other thing into it, then your can drill it out.

grinNbarritt

Jun 4, 2010
Orcutt CA
It will still work as long as long bolt isnt broke to far below the surface. Thats how we got broken bolts outa old rusty engine blocks, heads, ect at machine shop I worked at, weld on nut then hit it with wd-40 while its still hot. 2 yrs I worked there I never had to use a easy out.....

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
It will still work as long as long bolt isnt broke to far below the surface. Thats how we got broken bolts outa old rusty engine blocks, heads, ect at machine shop I worked at, weld on nut then hit it with wd-40 while its still hot. 2 yrs I worked there I never had to use a easy out.....
I had an rear stud break out and I was unlucky enough to have it break out under the hole, so I couldn't reach it.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia