new photo

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
A while back I talked about shooting some photographs again. Even made a few posters. WEll I went back to something rather unique today. This image has a really interesting technique.

If it looks about a hundred years old, it's supposed to. If it doesn't then I missed the mark. First of all it isn't digital.... It isn't polaroid... and it isn't a film image,,,

It is something different entirely. The image was shot with a camera made about 1950 ... The image it shoots is 3" by 4"... This was shot directly onto photographic paper. There was no negative at all. The image is the negative although it could be reversed and would be most of the time.

Anyway happy 4th of july from an old man with an old image,

Last edited:

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
I shoot some photos as well. I haven't had much time lately to get out, but a few years ago I was always out. I use digital, I have always wanted to play with other formats, just never had the chance to get my hands on the equipment. (too many hobbies, not enough paycheck.....)

If you want to check out some of my work, you can go to my website. Shaun's Photo Page

I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your image and played with it in photoshop and cleaned it up and colorized it. (I was bored) I can post it if you like.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
In keeping with Independence day, here is one for you, note the reflection in the Eagle's eye, the twin towers

Mac

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used to be a member of a photo forum and people were always upset that anyone would dare touch their images. NOT ME feel free to do anything you like to it. Post it if you like I would like to see it.

I also have a colorizing program and use it when I do an image I want to look almost like a color picture. I do a lot that I want to look really really old with those I tend to leave them alone warts and all.

I like the eagle.

I have a website full of images but I don't remember the address lol. I run across it every now and then.

I found a few of my images, there are hundreds more around the net Im just not sure where lol

http://retrophotoservice.bravehost.comhttp://retrophotoservice.bravehost.com/master.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You truly have the photographer's eye Deacon, wish I did. My niece has it, she takes some beautiful photographs and her favorite media is B&W.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If she works in black and white tell her to try having office depot make her an 11x17 black and white from a digital file of her image. They are making all my mini posters now and I could not be happier with their work. It isnt a photo print but to hang on a wall it is quite adaquate and very inexpensive in Black and White.