motorized bicycles NOT for Me :( motorized bicycle for Sale!

GoldenMotor.com

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
Ok I am sad and happy to say Motor Bikes are not for me. I have been working on the same mb for awhile now. I realized recently that this hobby/means of transportation is not for me. Before I lose my insanity and $$$ (although it might be to late for the Moola) I have worked on this bike forever and have put probably over $1,000 in this bike. I just don't have the time and $ to fix it up. The recent problem is the float and the back wheel. I need yet another float and my homemade floats only last a little bit. Every time i put a new back wheel on it starts to wobble and jus does not look safe.

NOW, for a experienced Motor bicyclist that wants to "fix one up" this bike is for u! I am not a grease monkey and to tell u the truth i hate tools. I've had so many problems with this bike its unreal. ALTHOUGH, for someone that actually knows what there doing it probably will work out for you. I just am unexperienced and do NOT have the time and $$$$$$$ to make it happen.

If you are at all interested I live in Dallas and only could do pick up.

Specs:

It is a '09 Target Schwinn Jaguar Cruiser, with 66cc Raw engine. ENGINE WORKS GREAT its other things that i jus dont have the time for. Real motorcyle throttle set up bought from Cyclegear. Brand new wheels and sprockets. dual brake lever. Extended muffler bought from Sickbikeparts.com U-clamp engine set up, although now rusted :( new high performance spark plug with 2 others. tool carrying case. Funny horn ;) and another engine that is a grubee GT5 that has mounting problems. Cover for bike. Heavy duty BMX chain THICK. Standard carb. Better high performance Air filter from sickbikeparts and lots of other things and upgrades i've desperately boughten LOLZZZ

All it really needs is some TLC and an experienced person that knows more about these things than i do.

If u have any questions please reply or if u are actually really really interested email me at: [email protected]

I want to thank all the great people on this forum that have helped me out SO MUCH over the last couple months with my build.

Thanks guys!

Joe aka Longhorn6

Happy Trails for u people that have gotten these Bikes with attached motors to work .we.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Re: MB's NOT for Me :( MB for Sale!

Ok I am sad and happy to say Motor Bikes are not for me. I have been working on the same mb for awhile now. I realized recently that this hobby/means of transportation is not for me. Before I lose my insanity and $$$ (although it might be to late for the Moola) I have worked on this bike forever and have put probably over $1,000 in this bike. I just don't have the time and $ to fix it up. The recent problem is the float and the back wheel. I need yet another float and my homemade floats only last a little bit. Every time i put a new back wheel on it starts to wobble and jus does not look safe.

NOW, for a experienced Motor bicyclist that wants to "fix one up" this bike is for u! I am not a grease monkey and to tell u the truth i hate tools. I've had so many problems with this bike its unreal. ALTHOUGH, for someone that actually knows what there doing it probably will work out for you. I just am unexperienced and do NOT have the time and $$$$$$$ to make it happen.

If you are at all interested I live in Dallas and only could do pick up.

Specs:

It is a '09 Target Schwinn Jaguar Cruiser, with 66cc Raw engine. ENGINE WORKS GREAT its other things that i jus dont have the time for. Real motorcyle throttle set up bought from Cyclegear. Brand new wheels and sprockets. dual brake lever. Extended muffler bought from Sickbikeparts.com U-clamp engine set up, although now rusted :( new high performance spark plug with 2 others. tool carrying case. Funny horn ;) and another engine that is a grubee GT5 that has mounting problems. Cover for bike. Heavy duty BMX chain THICK. Standard carb. Better high performance Air filter from sickbikeparts and lots of other things and upgrades i've desperately boughten LOLZZZ

All it really needs is some TLC and an experienced person that knows more about these things than i do.

If u have any questions please reply or if u are actually really really interested email me at: [email protected]

I want to thank all the great people on this forum that have helped me out SO MUCH over the last couple months with my build.

Thanks guys!

Joe aka Longhorn6

Happy Trails for u people that have gotten these Bikes with attached motors to work .we.

I can understand your frustration and trepidation.......but ......just think it through......read this forum and ask questions.....99.5 % of the folks in here will help you .....you might perhaps use a different bike....or......a different....whatever .....please don't give up !....I implore you Joe,,,,,,,you're one of us......in for life !.....here's a snapshot of the Martines......you'll see what I mean.....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

Engler

Nov 27, 2009
Florida

Sounds to me like another HT "easy installation" victim.

Longhorn6, before you give up on MB idea try rear mount BMP, Staton, or GEBE kit.

Those kits are as close to "plug and play" as it gets in MB world.

It may very well turn things around and make you a happy rider.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

If you still want to ride a bike with a little help try E-bikes. They aren't fast and sexy, just simple and run almost all the time. Hub motors are pretty much stick it on and go nothing to adjust or bits to constantly replace. No they are not cheap but they are easy and they work pretty darn well I'm told. They are not for me, but lots of guys like them. I'm a DIY kind of guy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada

Sounds to me like another HT "easy installation" victim.

Longhorn6, before you give up on MB idea try rear mount BMP, Staton, or GEBE kit.

Those kits are as close to "plug and play" as it gets in MB world.

It may very well turn things around and make you a happy rider.
YES !_i just installed a Staton Subaru-Robin--no noise no vibration -fantastic mileage i love it --i had 2 happy time engines-sold bike and engine the money went to a Staton--i like it better for general transportation than my Morini setup-the Morini in summer is more fun cus of its speed !cvlt1

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo

you put alot of time and money in to building this moterized bike up and mabey you shoueld start from Number ONE that is finding a new bike a better frame and DO NOT GIVE up Knowlege and experience come in time sure you will be doing this :-|| and this zpt... BUt Dont's give up .here where i live there is me and one outhere guy that own these moterized bikes . and i go to hime and he come to me when he has probloms with his bike .. most of the time i come here to this site for help .. and these guys are awesome and thay know what thay are talking about .. i bet it took them time to the level where thay are at ... i think this is a test for you and it it up to you what you want to do and i resepct that .. but you shouledent give up .. well i hope you rethink this over

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge

Sounds like you could have a pretty good set up with all that gear you have invested in it, take it slow and it will come sounds as if you bought every part to get the best from these little HT's without having the stock parts working or in place. Take it slow, take a step back, you have to walk before you can run, Keep your chin up borther. I think I have used enuff slogans to get my point across. :)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

no offense meant, but these bikes aren't for everyone. my local craigslist is full of people selling them off for cheap (they're cheap bikes, though, nothing special.) some people give reasons, like it's too loud for their neighborhood, they can't get it working right, 15 years old and got a ticket, need money for rent...

the best part is, all the ads say they go 40 mph and get 150 mpg...

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX

Thanks guys for all the support. I guess i pretty much just jumped right in with one of the harder set ups. One couple at my local bike shop had a honda 4 stroke QUITE motor on the back wheel with something spinning the back wheel. WAS the most beautiful thing i have ever seen! Pull start too. Then i went home and looked at my machine from **** and had no hope. I don't know whether i should just accept defeat and save my wallet. Or work on the set up i have right now and jus think it through. Or build a whole new easier better build? It works its jus the problem is i dont have much time to work on it do to WORK and school. The only problem now is the FLOAT FLOAT FLOAT anybody know which way the seem goes in the carb? Up? down? that could be why it keeps filling up with gas? Homemade floats work (for a little bit) but take lots of time to make.

I am in AZ right now so when i get back home to BIG D i will look at it again *sigh* lol ;)

My mom has grown to hate this thing now.....................

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

I wonder if a chainsaw carb would bolt up to a china girl motor.. or maybe a big weedeater model. Those carbs are much simpler.

Last edited:

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area

I don't know about the seam. Come on you guys that have HTs- tell about the seam.
A float that does not have a hole in it (so that it fills up with gas and no longer "floats") is a good float.
As long as you can shake it and feel no gas in it - it's a good one.
It's only purpose is to shut off the fuel inlet valve (used to call it the needle and seat) so the carb has the right level of fuel.
Maybe that valve is bad/ has junk in it. Probably has junk in it since it is new. The junk will keep the valve open and of course, flood the engine.
Did you put a filter on the line to the carb?