My Cannondale Race Bike for the 2015 season

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yes, the crank is custom,... The stroker crank gives more displacement, which in turn gives more power.
Yes, but what I am asking is how does that effect the high rpms? Strokers are known for making awesome torque, but will lower the max rpm possible. 42mm crank is a pretty cool idea though none the less. Are you still using a type a piston with that? What size combustion chamber are you using? 73cc with a 6cc head would put out some nice compression numbers ha!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yes, but what I am asking is how does that effect the high rpms? Strokers are known for making awesome torque, but will lower the max rpm possible. 42mm crank is a pretty cool idea though none the less. Are you still using a type a piston with that? What size combustion chamber are you using? 73cc with a 6cc head would put out some nice compression numbers ha!
It revs just as high as a stock crank without any problems.

I'm running it with one of my new 'Shark' heads with a 5.4cc chamber & race gas... It's making some awesome power, & I can't wait to get it on the dyno at the track. (^)

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
It revs just as high as a stock crank without any problems.

I'm running it with one of my new 'Shark' heads with a 5.4cc chamber & race gas... It's making some awesome power, & I can't wait to get it on the dyno at the track. (^)
Sounds good! Send me over a 6cc variant and I'll do an independent test between my Fred head! I like to do YouTube review videos! Ha, but realistically what kind of compression you running? That's like 13.5:1 compression without a head gasket involved in the math and on to of the pistons are dome shaped so that math isn't completely accurate. Are you running like 110 octane race gas? Sorry for all the questions just intrigued!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sounds good! Send me over a 6cc variant and I'll do an independent test between my Fred head! I like to do YouTube review videos! Ha, but realistically what kind of compression you running? That's like 13.5:1 compression without a head gasket involved in the math and on to of the pistons are dome shaped so that math isn't completely accurate. Are you running like 110 octane race gas? Sorry for all the questions just intrigued!
Yes, I'm running race gas, & the combustion chamber of my new heads is shaped to match the dome of the piston.

The heads are still being developed but will come with a 6.0cc chamber for the street & a 5.4cc for racing.

image-4251758741.jpg

image-3157892055.jpg

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yes, I'm running race gas, & the combustion chamber of my new heads is shaped to match the dome of the piston.

The heads are still being developed but will come with a 6.0cc chamber for the street & a 5.4cc for racing.

View attachment 77024

View attachment 77025
Sounds cool... I may have to buy a few of these to play around with once you get them past the developement stage... unless ya wanna offer up some beta test models ahead of time...

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I had a big change in the plan today... The Fred head still cools a little better than the Shark head, but the Shark head has a better combustion chamber... So I decided to re-chamber a Fred head to be more like the Shark, (until the Sharks get taller fins). ;)

image-454971286.jpg

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nice lathe and 4 jaw chuck you got there... I could really use that in my shop...

Anyway... once you get all the quirks out of your shark head let us know... I'll buy a few for my future builds

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
http://youtu.be/ARfKuP1Si_ALooks decent not super quick, I'd suggest running a solid axle with a 6 speed or so, set that up with a doubled flywheel,the second of course blots over the first you use flat pan heads counter them true to surface.You setup this by adjusting your clutch without any exception that you will bolt up the second pressure plate to the first. Now here's trick and it's simple keeping in mind you have already welded the #35 14 t 1/2'' bore pillow sprocket to the pressure plate you'll need to do this first. OK so that's all except for spacing the clutch cover some scrape aluminum may help if you want it to appear factory.Yeah that's the basics I'm working with a Nexus 3 speed and tight budget making lots mistakes with few tools at hand so who'd listen the any of this nonsense..Yeah goes without saying you'll need to move a freewheel around until it's content to peddle start. I've not completed a bike yet and I've started out nearly 4 years ago with the idea of put putting round the block had the shift kit set up took it off place the single sprocket bent some spokes the whole basket case was mine then still is but the basic idea is the out of the box will do for round the block with the setup close to what I've described and weigh in decent which again is big impression with the off road tires and throne resistant tubes I've got some of the list correct but miles to go yet without touch the engine itself.

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Very nice work.

Sorry I had to miss the race. Hopefully you will be back in October with this fine machine.

Did you manage to capture a top speed on the main straight?

B