Best 2-stroke spark plug

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Platinum and Iridium are used for the self-cleaning and anti-erosion properties. They do not affect actual timing, they simply last far longer.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Platinum is a harder compound to get electicity through, same with iridium, just to a lesser degree. So it acts a timing retard.

All of what I know comes from researching plugs for my 98 Ram 1500's 360 Magnum V8, and I can tell you that those engines are picky as to what plugs you put in them.

And Huffy, why are you acting a bit jerkly? Eh? What'd I do to warrant that behavior?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Alright, whatever. I just know what I know from information compiled 10+ years ago, so I guess technology has changed. Still doesn't change the fact that SOME engines don't like platinums. I know that for a FACT.

*edit*

And I just thought about this in the shower: Of course the NGK tech is going to tell you that there is no performance decrease/difference between plugs. They need to sell as many of the high-zoot plugs as possible and don't need to tell people that it's possible that they could lose performance by going with a more expensive plug. I mean really, $7-9 for an Iridium, $5-6 for a Platinum or 2 bucks for a little old copper? I know what plugs my trucks will be taking. The bike, I've already decided it works fine with iridium as it has a more concentrated burn due to the smaller electrode, but my trucks? For 16 plugs? nahhh, I'll stick with my $2 Champion coppers.

Last edited:

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
So what do I need to ask for in regards to a better china girl motor spark plug ,this thread has me that confused , where do I get a better one than what is in my motor now ,questions so many questions

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Just for the record, our iridium plugs, NGK BPR6HIX and NGK BPR7HIX are $6.99, not $9. And no one must have run the shipping through their cart at NGK. $10.78. Total $18.84 in the USA. I think we beat that by a bit.

As for Ir or Pt plugs "retarding" timing. No, it doesn't work like that. High voltage pulses are not "slowed" by the tiny resistance differences in electrode material, or even larger resistances.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Just for the record, our iridium plugs, NGK BPR6HIX and NGK BPR7HIX are $6.99, not $9. And no one must have run the shipping through their cart at NGK. $10.78. Total $18.84 in the USA. I think we beat that by a bit.
Indeed, especially when buying other 'needful things' at Sick Bikes ;-}

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Kc, ur a beast im a native zonie... So i know heat like u but i am now in ohio and the weather fluxes i need some hard factual tips to help me with a solid break in..(on tank 2, nice n rich..) but should i dish the stock plug or roll with... Gimme some brain pain bruh... Tjx
Virtuoso