U Of A Crack Down

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
For any of you members locally who ride near the U of A (Motorized Bicycles are illegal on campus BTW) all this week are doing a crack down on bicycle traffic violations.

So.....WATCH OUT!

I just had a motorcycle cop follow me for about 1/2 mile on 6th street in the bicycle lane. I guess i did not speed or do any traffic violation so he pulled up to me, gave me a look and speed off. Not sure what that was about? But all over the news is U of A police crack down on bicyclist.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
complaints need to be made its stupid to harass people on bikes if anything they need to crack down on cars and the stupid people that drive them.
why screw with cyclists?
isnt it good for the environment, your body and stuff.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
man, the UofA brings back memories. back in 80-81 there used to be a big jump in the grassy area near the frat houses, on the back side where the cool record stores and bars were at. don't remember the streets but i remember getting chased by cops and campus security on our bmx bikes.

i was also an extra in "the revenge of the nerds," but you can't see me in the movie...

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
we also have a U of A but its the university of alabama, If I were to get cited while on campus I would later demand signs go up everywhere saying no motorized bikes allowed. In every entrance and exit.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
ALL government entities, including schools are suffering from budget shortfalls and will be active in supplementing their income.
Sry folks, this is NOT going to go away.
Good luck
rc