Picture of engine label needed.....HELP!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
If anyone has a 2 stroke 48cc (50cc) starfire gen2 engine, I need a real good, close and clear picture of the engine label. mine got damaged and I need it. Im going through the process of trying to get a title made for my motorbike so that i can get it registered. Falls under "Special Vehicle" titles, without a vin or reconstructed vehicles( built from different parts(not really, but thats what ill claim) ) in NJ. Slippery trail........Ill let you guys know how it turns out, But please get me a pic asap! Thanks!!!!

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
The label color or engine color? engine is chrome, label was black and yellowish. really dont matter if its a starfire i guess, as long as its a 48cc engine

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
These may help, or not, and all I have are SkyHawk pics, and these first two I just made links because they are gigantic pics (both over 1200x wide) you can tweak and size to your liking.

For legal stuff nothing beats an EPA sticker.
Here is a 48cc one http://kcsbikes.com/pics/motor2.jpg 1242x883
Just print it at 2 1/4" x 1 1/2"

For the round one, well, it has no motor size marking on it.
You can use this Skyhawk pic if you want, http://kcsbikes.com/pics/motor1.jpg 1664x1812!
Just cut the circle and print it as a 4" circle.

Use good thick paper!

But as far as the 4" circle logo goes, make your own.
I do regardless of actual engine size, and they all pretty much look like this.

Nothing says 'don't bother looking' than your own sticker that says 48cc, just don't use mine, I can get protective about things like that, but you get the idea ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You need government 'red tape' tags and junk for an MB in Central New Jersey?
You sure?
Heck, here in Arizona MB's are just considered a bicycle at 48cc or less and require nothing legal in any way. A kid can slap a motor on and ride it legally on the roads here.

Or are you doing it for insurance or the like reasons?

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
Found this image on google image search, its hosted on Gasbike.net note this is not my image it is property of gasbike.net I am simply linking to it. Hope this helps. you might have to click on it up top to make it larger as the forum might resize it.

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
You need government 'red tape' tags and junk for an MB in Central New Jersey?
You sure?
Heck, here in Arizona MB's are just considered a bicycle at 48cc or less and require nothing legal in any way. A kid can slap a motor on and ride it legally on the roads here.

Or are you doing it for insurance or the like reasons?
I really dont have to, but my bike looks like a chopper and tends to draw stares. I just dont want any trouble from mr. fuzz. I do have insurance on it right now, just incase i do get pulled over, i got 2 of 3 requirments, my license and insurance (lacking registration/plate). And once I hopefully get my title, all ill have to do is register the thing.
I got the packet in the mail yesterday from the DMV for a Title for a Specialty Constructed Vehical and the standards that my bike or moped as by defined by the state has to pass is crazy.
To get a title, I have to show a Manufacturer Certificate of Origin for the bike. Bikes dont come with freakin MCO'S, just the reciept from the store, so I registered my bike with the Nationl Bike Registry and got a certificate of ownership....hope its enough.
For the engine, I have to provide documentation from the manufacturer to establish proof of the year of the engine. So fot that, I will use the sticker i made with the pic u gave me.......thanks!!!
Also Needed is all reciepts/invoices for all parts used in the vehicles construction. You must provide color photos or tracings of the VIN# on both the engine and frame, and color photos of the entire vehicle capturing all angles of the bike including the instrument panel. Photos can't cut off any portion of the bike.
After all of that fun, you must Fill out all paperwork, a 60 dollar check to DMV and send everything off to the state for them to review. Then they call you and schedual an appointment at a special DMV site where they inspect the bike and either approve you and u get the title, or deny you and you lose the title and the 60 bucks you sent. Im going to try and take a stab at gettin the title, i got nuthing to lose. If I dont recieve a title and registration, it wont stop me from still cruzin......just take those back roads.......
Since I built my bike from scratch I still have to put some more work into it before i bring it to the state for them to inspect. Still need to buy dot approved head/taillight, turn signals, license plate light and horn. Not to mention the 12 volt battery i need to wire all the stuff up to..... Speaking of..... Where can i find wiring diagrams so that i dont blow bulbs and stuff. Every time i hook a battery up, i blow sumthing or it goes dead in 5 mins.....Homemade systems are tough

Last edited:

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Hey guys, i hace decided that it is not worth trying for the title. There is so much crap i gota do, its a pain, so im just gona press my luck and try n fly under the radar. freakin jersey