Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I disagree with both of you. Everything would look much better in MY garage! :D

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Louie,

I'm flying into Atlanta Thursday, I can take them off your hands, and haul them away for nothing. Dan Thomas

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I gotta agree with fasteddy.
You are very fortunate to have an awesome piece of motorcycle history.
I have seen very few single cylinder 'teens motorcycles and have enjoyed seeing each and every one that I have. They are mechanical poetry in motion.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I want a time machine to go back, and mind you I would not come back, I would just enjoy everything at a slower pace. That is a wonderful time machine. have fun, Dave

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Below is a write up I did a while back outlining the history of my Miami and motors...FastEddie and everyone else are welcome to stop by anytime your around Augusta, Ga...just contact me.....

" I had a Miami motor that I bought at an AMCA swap meet back in the early 90's because it was made in my birth town of Middletown, Ohio and thought it would make a cool display, I had never seen a complete Miami Bike. A couple years later a Miami came up for sale on eBay and I purchased it for $4600.00 out of Hartford, CT. It came with a spare motor and a box full of spare parts. I quickly got one of the motors running by installing 5 HP Briggs and Stratton rings on the piston. I made a belt tensioner, handlebars, exhaust pipe and muffler, and rear belt pulley to fit on a newer set of bicycle wheels to get the bike operational. The bike is a 1916 Model 15 belt drive 15 Cubic Inch single. It is a unique experience to ride an early belt drive motorcycle, if you ever get a chance don't pass it by. I have since started a Miami Power Cycle Data Base and have found six mostly complete bikes (3 running) and about six more motors of which I have two. I have spare fenders and original wheels for future use and believe I have enough spare parts to keep future owners riding this bike for another 100 years. I also picked up a Miami bicycle of the same vintage that is all original, even the tires."

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
If you only knew how many times in my life I thought of that exact idea.........
Ditto on that one. Gearheads think alike I guess. Plus spending today's dollars back then, I could get one of those motorbikes new every week or so. I could get all the toys I can only drool over the pictures of now. *sigh*

kh41

Mar 13, 2012
Van Dyne, Wi
I have a Miami engine minus the mag.I've had since I was in high school when my Uncle gave it to me with some other cycle stuff,some forty years ago. Smurfy