Latest Build - Huffy Karaoke Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Foeller32

Apr 26, 2010
Lehighton, PA
Here is the latest build that I did. The bike is a Huffy Karaoke Cruiser from good ol' Wally World. I'm pretty sure that it's basically the same bike as the Cranbrook. The white, orange, and black color scheme really got a lot of compliments, though.

The motor is an 80cc motor from Zoombicycles Motorized Bicycles,80cc and 50cc Bicycle Engine Conversion Kits,Bicycle Motors,Bicycle Engine Kit Parts They have a deal where you can buy 6 at once for about $125 each with shipping included. This was only my second build. The first was a 80cc from bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor I've had no major problems with either motor (and dax was the only dealer that seems to have absolutely no negative feedback here on the forum - his service is excellent), but the motor from zoom bicycles did seem to run smoother from the get-go. It seems to pull hills a little better, too. The zoom kit comes with a custom front muffler-clamp style bracket which I liked.

The whole kit basically went on the bike with no major modifications. I wrapped Hockey tape around the frame where the motor and tank bolt on. I ground the lip off the dust cap on the coaster brake so it would fit through the center hole on the sprocket. I also used only the inner rag joint. The outer rag joint pushed the sprocket out so far that the coaster brake lever could not engage. With only the inner rag joint, the sprocket is pulled tight against the hub - the whole thing seems to have worked great. I'm not sure if the outward pressure on the spokes will cause problems down the road or not. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I also bent the coaster brake arm a little to make it line up right.

I had to add a couple washers to push the rear chain stays out enough for the chain to clear. It's a tight fit - wants to hit the tire on one side and the chain stay on the other. Seems good now, though.

I've seen that a lot of people have to fabricate a front motor mount for the cranbrook style bikes. With the clamp mount included in this kit, I didn't need to make any further modifications. The carburetor just barely fit, but it did fit in with no modifications. If I build another one, I'll probably just cut down the intake pipe a little bit.

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
I have to say that I like the color scheme on that bike. I don't need another bike, but I might just pick this one up and leave it peddle power.

Foeller32

Apr 26, 2010
Lehighton, PA
karaoke cruiser? do you ride around singing bon jovi's "dead or alive" while your riding it?

"i'ma cowbooooy, onna steeeeel horse, i riiide..."

just kidding. looks good.
Actually, if you can believe this, the bike comes with a little "fanny pack" for the handlebars that has a built in battery-powered amplifier and speakers with a cord for an ipod. It just went in the junk pile in the garage.

xwint3rxmut3x

May 27, 2010
Chicago
When I originally saw it I was thinking that it was a must for the gas can to be painted orange, but seeing yours and how much black in the bike it looks amazing with the black tank still. Looks great, i'm excited to see how it looks painted as well.

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
I love the color scheme of that bike and the all black engine looks great. So great that I purchased one from amazon, 102 with free shipping. I already have a Zoombicycle all black engine so I will keep you posted on what the end results will be. I'm thinking about leaving the fenders off, and adding some ape bars. Not really sure what that would look like though. Any thoughts? Attached is a Cranbrook, similar frame with ape bars.

Attachments

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Totally almost bought the same bike, the only thing was that it was on the top shelf and the cranbrook was on the bottom. Didn't feel like bugging the people for assistance.

The paint scheme of them is really cool though. Now I know what I missed out on.

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Just a quick update on my build. This thread inspired me to buy and build a Huffy Karaoke. I decided to go with the rat rod look. I took off all the bike decals/stickers, fenders and placed some Sunlite D ape hangers. The engine is a zoombicycles 80cc engine. Still breaking in but love the feel of the bike vs a mountain bike. Looks sweet!!!!! What do you guys and girls think?

Attachments

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
looks sweet. Again though, where are your secondary brakes? You're gonna want to spend the 30 bucks or so on some calipers at least, as that engine WILL go over 30mph and if that chain should snap or derail when you backpedal to stop w/ only a coaster, YOU HAVE NO BRAKES. I emphasize this only because I did the same thing, and had a really bad crash that wound up in the end costing me about 700 bucks in medical bills off of something that could have been remedied with 30 bucks worth of parts and 10 minutes of work..