My first motor bike build

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Well I,m have a blast building this first bike.I,m not a bicycle guy & have not messed
with one since I was a kid.I bought a new bike over the net as well as a bike kit.

Now with that said it's been a little more then bolting this thing together as I have found out.
Mounting the engine has been the biggest deal, but not bad.I,m a retired tool & die maker
with a small machine shop & that has helped, (wink).

I machined new front engine mount, for the frame rail was way bigger than the engine radius.
Also the frame rail was a different angle.The neat thing I came across was the mounting of
the rear chain sprocket. I saw how they say to mount it & the hardest part was getting it centered.

Well the bike I got was a fixie with a reversible wheel so you can convert to a coaster.Cool so I reversed
the wheel & removed the fixie sprocket.But in doing so I found it to be screwed on the hub.The sprocket

has a lip the the same thickness of the motor rear sprocket. Cool so I annealed the sprocket taking the
hard heat treat out & machined the teeth off.Then I bored the kit sprocket center hole out to fit the lip
on the sprocket from the bike.By doing this when you screw it back on the hub you sandwich the motor
bike sprocket in between & it run perfectly true to the hub.You still need the rubber deals & so on to
drive it, but it works. Fly

Tomorrow will be the start up & I will post pic..trk