Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
No I sold this bike here. That other pic shows the width of the tires that I will be using next.

Dooood... Selling that bike that cheap makes the rest of us builders look bad!! laff

With all the work & parts that you had into that bike, it should've sold for $3000 MINIMUM!! :(

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Dooood... Selling that bike that cheap makes the rest of us builders look bad!! laff

With all the work & parts that you had into that bike, it should've sold for $3000 MINIMUM!! :(
It was for sale on eBay for at least 10 months at $2499 and it just sat there in a coma. Tons of page hits and 140 followers but not 1 question about it.

My next bike will not be limited by engine choices (all gas or all electric) or tire widths. It will be Plug-n-Play, caveman simple, and the gas version of this bike will be dirt cheap in comparison.

I'm gonna flat mount a 212 Predator on a mount and wrap the bike frame around that engine and mount. It will be the first and the last bike frame that I will ever design. So I gotta get it right the first time. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I added up the price of the parts for the bike I just sold, then I subtracted that from what I actually sold it for, then I divided that by the # of hours I spent riding it. It basically cost me $11.76 per hour of riding enjoyment on that thing. You have to laugh, just to keep from crying. LOL :-||

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Tires and rims are here. I'm 195 lbs. and the tires sidewall is so stiff that I can sit on the tire, with no rim or tube, and it does not collapse with me on it.

Rim width lip to lip is 2.875"
Tire knob depth is .5"
Tire width across the knobs is 3.7"
Tire diameter is 25.6"
Tire cost is $44
Max load per tire @ 32 PSI is 494 lbs.

I now have some decent built-in shock absorption. I'll be Comfortably Numb.
WINNING! LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.

Width across the knobs inflated: 4.125"
Height inflated: 25.5"
Weight guestimate: About 2.5x normal bicycle tire/wheel weight.
# of pedal gears: 1 freewheel

And no I don't have small feet. It just looks like that next to that tire. It's an optical illusion. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Tapered roller bearings for Suzuki SP370 forks: Check

Tubing bender / Wallet deflater: Check

Hella 500 headlight: Check

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
CLEARANCE ISSUES? WHAT CLEARANCE ISSUES DO YOU SPEAK OF? LOL
AND YES IT WILL HAVE WORKING PEDALS.

Seat and Down Tube not cut to their final length and Down Tube needs to be bent as well.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Dang I can Almost smell the rubber on those tires from over here. lol
Dollar for dollar it's a whole lot of heavy duty, 4 ply, D.O.T. rubber. Any cars get in my way this time and I'm just gonna roll over them like a 2-wheeled monster truck. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
14" of horizontal real estate at the base of the mount. WINNING! LOL

Gonna slap a 12" x 5" mounting plate on top of that mount and weld it in place.

Desert Rat camo paint scheme.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Box Stock You-Build-It Race Engine Kit with billet flywheel - $350 shipped.

DJ-1000 6.5HP BSP Engine w/o fuel tank.
NEW BSP-2 Box Stock racing cam included in kit.
ARC 6619 billet aluminum flywheel
DJ-1146 ARC top plate/throttle hookup
6934 ARC billet air filter adaptor
DJ-1257 Choke hold
DJ-2225 CNC bored and jetted .615" carb
FPC1-1 Fuel pump
DJ-1055MB high tension valve springs (new product as of 7/15/12)
6877 Pulse inlet fitting
6899 Angled air filter
5' fuel hose
DJ-1420 Chain guard/heat shield
AR3910X spark plug.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I had to add another 4" in length to the mount so it wouldn't interfere with the bolt pattern of the 212 at the front the mount. So 18" gets me 15" of useable space at the base of the mount. That should do me.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I got's tubes lots of tubes. <1mm walled paper thin bicycle tubes and .065" DOM walled tubes. .120" walled DOM tubes are normally used on custom made motorcycle frames. .065" is unbelievably heavy at 1.5" diameter and is the thinnest my bender will bend without crushing it. So that's what I'm going with.

DONT BUY BICYCLE METAL TUBES. They are scary thin and look like a nightmare to weld.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
With that bike I would use .085 to build it. With the motor and wheels you really want it to be stout with no frame flex. You may even consider .120. I have a really nice bender at work that you could use but it only does 1 in and 1.5 in. Let me know.... Jeff

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
With that bike I would use .085 to build it. With the motor and wheels you really want it to be stout with no frame flex. You may even consider .120. I have a really nice bender at work that you could use but it only does 1 in and 1.5 in. Let me know.... Jeff
Looks like I'm gonna be a human crash test dummy again, cause I already got .065" everything but the tubes are all oversized. My bender only does 1 and 1.5" as well. I also got 1/4" plate for the dropouts.

Tubes are already bent with only notching/welding left to be done. The motor mount you see is NOT the only thing holding the seat tube to the down tube. The down tube continues running underneath the motor mount all the way to the chain stay tubes.

11 gauge spokes and nips are on the way.

The only thing that scares me is the welds holding up or at least giving me a little warning ahead of time if they do in fact fail. I don't need a lot of warning. Any warning at all will do. I won't have far to fall. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

I'll be using a Genuine Honda flywheel with dual charge coil cranking out 50 watts to power front and rear lights including working DOT brake light / turn signal.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/eng-rac-cl-level1.htm

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If cops were confused by my last bike, then their heads are gonna twist off their shoulders when I ride by on this thing. It will pretty much look just like a full blown motorcycle when viewed from head on or from the rear, so it will have working lights, brake lights and turn signals at all times. Not to mention that it just makes good sense to be lit up during the day or night.