More clutch problems!

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Ok Iv had tons of problems with a clutch on my bike. I have done everything I have been able to find with this problem. I adjusted the flower nut before on it and it fixed it for just a short while. I believe I have discovered the problem but have no idea how to fix it. The bike that works the flower nut is able to tighten up a whole lot more then the one with the problem. I believe the bolt the flower nut tightens on is not out far enough or the nut around it is not tightened enough. when i go to tighten it it will not. Does anyone know what my problem may be. The clutch slips really bad and will not allow the bike to start.

Thanks

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
you also need to pull the clutch lever in when tightening the flower nut. if all that fails the main spring may need adjusted, thats the one where you take out the clutch cable holder from the engine case, stick a pin into the case and push the bike forward to adjust. theres a thread on here somewhere on how to do it.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Thanks guys. Yes I have taken that small screw out and have pulled the clutch in while tightening it. I have even pushed the clutch lever in all the way to try and get that bolt to come out farther so that I can tighten the flower nut in more. Cam that maybe what I need to do. I believe I understand. I know I need more bolt to screw the flower nut on more. I just dont know how to get more of the bolt. I can not seem to find that thread, if you can find it please show me I would be very appreciative of it.