help please

GoldenMotor.com

camrahtz

Jun 30, 2011
california
so i have a micargi stelth that i am mounting a raw motor too. i have run into a few small issues involvingg my rear axle, it is bent. i am going to replace the rear wheel completely with a no coaster brake wheel. is this a good idea? i have purchased tektro rear brakes and am searching for front for better stopping pow.

any assistance would be great i am a mechanical person but for some reason i am having a very difficult time getting this going and it is driving me nuts.

so at the end of the day my questions are

what rim to replace existing with?

what front pull brakes should i get?

these questions are for a micargi stelth cruiser. thank you

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Hey Cam welcome to the forum... Seriously consider getting a Shimano CBE-110 rear hub with a coaster brake as it is the most standard size that will accept a sprocket adapter and eliminate the rag joint for the factory supplied sprocket that came in your kit. The sprocket adapters are a little pricey but allow the rear sprocket to easily changed for different riding conditions and run far more true as well as easier to get aligned properly than the stock rag joints are. Then run a center pull front brake or disc on the front if you dont have one already.

Here is a link to the adapters that Sports Car Pat sells which I think are superior to any other on the market:

Anodized Sprocket Adapters

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
+1 on the clamshell adapter.
rc
Thanks Rusty but Pats adapter is not technically a "CLAMSHELL" like most others. It is a 3 piece assembly rather than a 2 piece and clamps more like a collet and reduces the chance of torque slippage.

With this and other features (as well as some new upgrades he has in the works) I find his sprocket adapters far superior to other makers adapters. They are the only one I use now.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Before this goes any further let me warn against arguments on the subject of sprocket adapters. Voice your opinion then let it go. This subjet seems to start fires and the staff will not tolerate it anymore. Argumentatve posts will be removed immediately.
Tom

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Before this goes any further let me warn against arguments on the subject of sprocket adapters. Voice your opinion then let it go. This subjet seems to start fires and the staff will not tolerate it anymore. Argumentatve posts will be removed immediately.
Tom
Right you are Tom... I was just giving an opinion.

coaster brakes arent safe with mb's. u cant stop lol
I ride my Cranbrook with a CBE-110 Shimano coaster brake only and can stop just fine.