New Here... With a How-to

GoldenMotor.com

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
Saying hi from Los Angeles, Ca. I have been lurking on this site since last month when I put together a engine kit from raw motors on a Schwinn Jaguar Frame and barely joined today. I was directed to this site when I went searching for information on how to make a custom gas tank. The stock one that came with the kit was dented, poorly painted, and had rust inside. It also didn't look good when installed on the bike, so I decided to make my own.

Many of the threads I saw had people asking how to make a tank so I figured I would make an instructable at Custom Gas Tank on a Motorized Bicycle so that people could look at how I made it. The Main thing is to NOT USE GREEN FOAM as the form.

Heres a picture of my bike with the custom tank that I finished today. I will be adding many upgrades (Shifter Kit, Carb, Air Filter, Custom Exhaust) in the near future and this bike is my first, but it won't be my last..trk

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Matt, welcome. Uber cool. Brand new and already sharing a how too. That tank looks awesome! Gonna try it and thanks again for sharing.

Whole build looks great.

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
Thanks for the comments. I guess people should lurk before joining so that they know what they are talking about and can contribute. =)

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Saying hi from Los Angeles, Ca. I have been lurking on this site since last month when I put together a engine kit from raw motors on a Schwinn Jaguar Frame and barely joined today. I was directed to this site when I went searching for information on how to make a custom gas tank. The stock one that came with the kit was dented, poorly painted, and had rust inside. It also didn't look good when installed on the bike, so I decided to make my own.

Many of the threads I saw had people asking how to make a tank so I figured I would make an instructable at Custom Gas Tank on a Motorized Bicycle so that people could look at how I made it. The Main thing is to NOT USE GREEN FOAM as the form.

Heres a picture of my bike with the custom tank that I finished today. I will be adding many upgrades (Shifter Kit, Carb, Air Filter, Custom Exhaust) in the near future and this bike is my first, but it won't be my last.
Great job on the tank! I gotta read your tutorial.
How much does the tank hold?

I like the Jaguars and I am using one for my 4 stroke shifter build.
Still haven't decided what to do for a gas tank.

Are you coming to the race at Willow Springs?

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
The tank is about 1.5 liters. Thats a guess/estimate.

I may be able to go since it's about 74 Miles from here. Not sure yet. My bike is not ready for racing so I'll probably just cruise around if I go.

wrx2bike

Oct 31, 2010
california
welcome man... bike looks nice congrats on the completion... Im from Pasadena with a schwinn chopper hit me up if you wana go ridding some time

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The tank is about 1.5 liters. Thats a guess/estimate.

I may be able to go since it's about 74 Miles from here. Not sure yet. My bike is not ready for racing so I'll probably just cruise around if I go.
It isn't all about hard core racing.
Will be plenty of time to cruise on the track and at the end of the day
there will be 4 or 5 laps around the 2.5 mile Big Willow track.

Lots of very exotic machines are going to be there. Most of the fun
will be off the track.

Would like to see that gas tank of yours in person as I have a few Jaguars.

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
I'm probably going to show up with my friend, but he will need to leave early due to work.

Bad NEWs Bimoped

I didn't vent my gas cap on the tank and the side of the tank collapsed. The coating I put on the inside cracked and the gas started to eat through the part that collapsed. The rest of the tank was still solid, but the side that collapsed was soft and spongy.

A month worth of work gone. =/ I'll build another and vent it after I'm done with the Jackshaft kit.