how to make a cheap layback seatpost.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Don't now about bent seat post but I sure as h*ll am impressed by a guy that can ride off a curb carrying a 12 pack. Haven't been able to do that in years.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Don't now about bent seat post but I sure as h*ll am impressed by a guy that can ride off a curb carrying a 12 pack. Haven't been able to do that in years.

Steve.
LOL, Fasteddy,
I had the same thought. I even feel a little uneasy waving at people and making turn signals with my left hand. Both-hand-on-the-bars Tom. That's me anymore. And I can remember when I used to do half my bike riding with NO HANDS. Just pedaling along comfortable with a bottle of Coke in one hand the other one hanging at my side. Ahhh youth.
Tom

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
One of the funniest threads I've seen. My family is looking at me weird sitting here in the corner laughing at my computer screen. Bairdco, do you do standup?

Anyway, I was just wondering why we are bending seat posts? Is it for comfort, or cool looks, or what?
I've got my seat low so I can reach the ground comfortably, but pedaling is not great at that low altitude for any length of time. Maybe a little further back would help.

I've got those same handlebars (rust and all) in my attic unless Bairdco took 'em while my back was turned. I may give this a go. If they can be bent, I'll manage nicely!
WC

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thing I really like about em is your not leaning on the bars and peddles. With the engine doing the work, I find it uncomfortable being right over the BB.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Never thought of the bars for seat post thing also never had a laid back post. Will have to try it on my new greyhound build. might need it, havent rode anything but my recumbents for years. Thanks Bairdco, also thanks for lightening up my day. BTW I only weigh 175.
Elmo