Build in progress.

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yeah, seems like it could be a possibility here so I try to be nice and hold the right side and to not go over twenty. There is five total motor bikes here for the population of 1100. That's quite a few for such a small town. Have a nice day.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well, I ran into a slight problem today. Everything was running great and I was on a cruise with my buddy when the worst happened! I just got a new cylinder body and had everything put back today last week. Everything was running great for that week until today. I had one of the retaining clips must have come loose some how and wrecked my piston/piston rings/new cylinder body.
The not effected side looks awesome not any scratches or damage.

The effected side. Tons of damage up and down the body and a giant broken spot on the transfer port. At the top of the cylinder body you can see some of the retaining clip just embedded itself into it.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
While I'm waiting for the new piston/piston rings/wrist pin pins I decided to take the dax slant head and polish it. Had a lot of carbon build up and wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Removing one of the two head gaskets I was using to make up for any lost compression. Shouldn't be much, but none the less! I think it turned out alright! Hoping to get everything in the mail tomorrow, but we all know how that goes.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Parts for top end rebuild that hopefully will arrive in the next couple days
Type b piston
GT-5 Cylinder
Wristpin
Retaining pins
Base Gasket
Head Gasket
Exhaust Gasket
Clutch pads

Decided to open up the clutch and found the clutch pads reaching the end of there life for almost 3000 miles. Felt like they were slipping slightly when under hard acceleration. Couldn't find a seller on ebay that wasn't from China and a couple of the vendors were sold out so had to pay out the butt for 15 pads at $15.

Cleaned out the crankcase the best I could with some wd-40 and carb cleaner to get metal shaving and gunk out. Pitched the old piston, cylinder wall, and wristpin. Shame cause I just replaced the cylinder wall because mine had some fine scratches from me being inexperienced at riding it and keeping it in gear for too long with no throttle.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Alright guys finally got all my new top end parts in and everything back together! Not really anymore power adders, but a lot more reliable I would say. Also picked up a Huffy Cranbrook at Wally world. I switched out the front fork with a mountaine bike fork so I could have some shocks and some front brakes as well as some not so crazy handle bars. Dang rear wheel came bent though. I lightened the new piston quite a bit just for a lot less vibration, but the new rear wheel that's bent kind of kills all that work, but it'll all get straightened out eventually!

Before motor

After motor. Rear wheel tires were too wide so I swapped them for some that I already had (not pictured)

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Retaining clip popped out again after 300miles. I can't help but think I am doing something wrong! Was with my heavily modified piston too... Much time wasted now. Luckily I was only about 300 feet from home.