what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
How fast were you going, Tony?

I used to use a fat skateboard wheel as a chain tensioner too. I machined a deep grove down the center.

However, after I repositioned the driven sprocket, the chain is very tight.

No need for a chain tensioner now.
You know what's weird, my buddy tried the same skateboard wheel tensioner on his belt drive and it did just that. My skateboard wheel is still solid with minor grooving of maybe an eighth inch per side.

Cop wrote me up for 45+ in a 35 zone. :-|| im gonna fight it....

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I hate flat tires, especially in the rear.:-||

Inside my back tire was a tough plastic liner. Whatever punctured the tube managed to pierce thru tire and liner.

Before reinstalling the tube, I put a piece of Gorilla Tape over the 36 spoke holes. After filing the rough edges off the valve's hole, I taped that too.

When I reinstalled the tire liner, I Gorilla Taped its entire length inside the tire.

When I get another flat, I'm gonna Gorilla Tape the entire outer edge of the tube. If it pokes thru, that tough tape should close up and make it a slow leak.

Slow enough to reach home.

rbeard9

Apr 7, 2017
NC
I am looking for someone who has installed a 2 stroke engine on a Columbia Klunker bike. It just might be a new project. Anybody ??

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
More members should chime in on this thread daily. It's interesting to read what everyone's doing with their motorized bike.

I was all dressed up to ride to work today. As I inspected my bike, I notice a strong gas smell and a puddle of fuel on the ground.

The carb's fuel line had sprung a leak, and the petcock was open.:-||

I'll fix it on Friday, my day off.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
More members should chime in on this thread daily. It's interesting to read what everyone's doing with their motorized bike.

I was all dressed up to ride to work today. As I inspected my bike, I notice a strong gas smell and a puddle of fuel on the ground.

The carb's fuel line had sprung a leak, and the petcock was open.:-||

I'll fix it on Friday, my day off.
Always shut the fuel off on a gravity feed system.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Re-jetted the carb, new fuel line, swapped my mountain bike handlebars to a more upright style, and took it on a 20 mile 'test ride'.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tell us about the hit.
Yes, please!? ya OK, MBnoob!? Danm, hate to hear!

Me too! I also really enjoy the little snippets in to folk's lives. I dunno the dumb stuff about work, ride in or what ever. I keep asking for a sort of facebook like section. Some really interesting people into our crazy. Seriously, we are a group of like minded people who take perfectly good bicycles and strap motors and engines on 'em. I dunno how many go to events like rallies/group rides but some really fascinating people are into this. No kidding, from NASA and DD rocket scientists to the ackin' back, gun rack with dress work boots to PHDs show up at get togethers. I honestly don't know of another "hobby" that attracts such a broad spectrum.
(WTH should we call this? Hobby just don't sound right)

Also, and just an update but we are getting brandy new, super forum software. I dunno when but is really cool and easier to use.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I like to see how well the videos on your camera look using various FPS in the resolutions 1080.

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Origin...3155&sr=8-2&keywords=original+sjcam+4000+wifi

Above shows specs from a seller on Amazon of what I have. Probably different seller but same item I have. It was about 70 dollars about 4 years ago. I got extra charged batteries and keep those an extra flash memory on hand just cause I feel I could just record a whole day of riding, and upload later.

Seems that I have always left the resolution on the Original SJCAM 4000 WiFi I have, in 30 FPS. It is on 1920 x 1080 resolution using 30 FPS.

I just only noticed that I can run faster at 60 FPS that probably is going to help my Off Road Trail Riding Videos that some are just too bouncy to bother looking at unfortunately.

The draw back on this camera is that if I go to 60 FPS then it has to go down to 1280 x 720 Resolution. Giving up maybe for some grainyness for less bouncing look?

Will try it out next time I'm out.

Looking at the specs of your camera from the link you gave, you have this:

------------------------

Resolution of video recorded

4K 25FPS

2.7K 30FPS

1080P (1920*1080 ) 60FPS / 30FPS

720P (1280*720) 120FPS

------------------

https://vimeo.com/203968501 Flat Dirt Road still hard to view as bouncing

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I like to see how well the videos on your camera look using various FPS in the resolutions 1080.

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Origin...3155&sr=8-2&keywords=original+sjcam+4000+wifi

Above shows specs from a seller on Amazon of what I have. Probably different seller but same item I have. It was about 70 dollars about 4 years ago. I got extra charged batteries and keep those an extra flash memory on hand just cause I feel I could just record a whole day of riding, and upload later.

Seems that I have always left the resolution on the Original SJCAM 4000 WiFi I have, in 30 FPS. It is on 1920 x 1080 resolution using 30 FPS.

I just only noticed that I can run faster at 60 FPS that probably is going to help my Off Road Trail Riding Videos that some are just too bouncy to bother looking at unfortunately.

The draw back on this camera is that if I go to 60 FPS then it has to go down to 1280 x 720 Resolution. Giving up maybe for some grainyness for less bouncing look?

Will try it out next time I'm out.

Looking at the specs of your camera from the link you gave, you have this:

------------------------

Resolution of video recorded

4K 25FPS

2.7K 30FPS

1080P (1920*1080 ) 60FPS / 30FPS

720P (1280*720) 120FPS

------------------

https://vimeo.com/203968501 Flat Dirt Road still hard to view as bouncing
Too technical for me.

LOL, MEASURE TWICE, I can barely navigate the "Net and turn my cellphone on!laff

I'll ask my son to set it up and download for me.cvlt1

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yes, please!? ya OK, MBnoob!? Danm, hate to hear!

Me too! I also really enjoy the little snippets in to folk's lives. I dunno the dumb stuff about work, ride in or what ever. I keep asking for a sort of facebook like section. Some really interesting people into our crazy. Seriously, we are a group of like minded people who take perfectly good bicycles and strap motors and engines on 'em. I dunno how many go to events like rallies/group rides but some really fascinating people are into this. No kidding, from NASA and DD rocket scientists to the ackin' back, gun rack with dress work boots to PHDs show up at get togethers. I honestly don't know of another "hobby" that attracts such a broad spectrum.
(WTH should we call this? Hobby just don't sound right)

Also, and just an update but we are getting brandy new, super forum software. I dunno when but is really cool and easier to use.
From Hometown, USA to Havana, Cuba, I LOVE watching people on two wheels.pino.