Nishiki Blazer Complete

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
This bike is being donated to my significant other, I'm building a new ride for myself from scratch. PLEASE enlarge the images to see all detail! The fender had a double bracket and won't break! Rides like a dream! Also, I took the jet out of my nt speed carb and installed it in my stock NT carb. BIG difference.

Attachments

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
This bike is being donated to my significant other, I'm building a new ride for myself from scratch. PLEASE enlarge the images to see all detail! The fender had a double bracket and won't break! Rides like a dream! Also, I took the jet out of my nt speed carb and installed it in my stock NT carb. BIG difference.
Additional picture

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Glad to hear you already know how important fender hardware is!
Check it again even if you think it's bulletproof. Vibration can cause failures with NO warning. Be SURE the mounts don't flex while riding.
I would also suggest you turn your head around so the spark plug faces forward. The stock angle plug heads have marginal cooling at best and tend to detonation and overheating easily.
Running it with the plug forward will improve cooling a bit and it needs every bit.
I had a Nishiki very similar to yours without a motor and it was a great bike. Rock solid and decent component groups.
Looks like a winner to me!

Last edited:

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Glad to hear you already know how important fender hardware is!
Check it again even if you think it's bulletproof. Vibration can cause failures with NO warning. Be SURE the mounts don't flex while riding.
I would also suggest you turn your head around so the spark plug faces forward. The stock angle plug heads have marginal cooling at best and tend to detonation and overheating easily.
Running it with the plug forward will improve cooling a bit and it needs every bit.
I had a Nishiki very similar to yours without a motor and it was a great bike. Rock solid and decent component groups.
Looks like a winner to me!
Awesome. Actually, the head is facing the correct way(I've ran the head both ways, I have better luck with this orientation), usually I run straight plug heads. I have plenty of experience building with fenders. I always stay ontop of pre-checking for safety!

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
How is your new build comming along?
Hi Bobby! Well. I have a 66cc flying horse engine kit coming from bikeberry tomorrow or Friday. I'm picking up the bike tonight or tomorrow(most likely tonight). I have to make some pre-build preperations(adjusting seat, cleaning, etc) pictures will come after everything's finished!