2 stroke build YZ80 / OR A KT100

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I did change the gearing and swapped the clutch. My max speed was 66mph. Nothing crazy just a little to average.
I have respect for you with that speed you claim, you do that with those tires and what was the size sprocket on the wheel? Is that a huffy frame you used? Those seem to be the choice of all the local racers. I may need to step my game up a bit.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
I used a hookworm tire. I had a few rear sprokets to pay with I ended up using a 48t. Not everyone has the luxury like wolf creek to bend tubing. Yes it was a huffy frame. I have a bike im currently building for a customer of mine he is getting a custom DOM frame. Ill post a few pics up when im done with the frame

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here is the motor I will be usingshifter NOS cz 516 6 speed engine 30hp 125cc 2 stroke this I will build as my 2 stoker

As far as my new 4 stroke I will be doing a speedway racer using a twin 250 5 speed.
Yeah, I was thinking of dropping a little Yamaha 4-stroke engine in my next 4-stroke build......

A 1985 Yamaha V-MAX 1,500cc 145hp V-4 engine.......go big or go home to mama!

I'm thinkin' a Maico 501cc air-cooled for my future 2-stroke build.......whatdaya think?

dance1

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It may seem like we were "raining on your parade" a bit and that was actually my intent. I cringe when I read stuff about people doing 40 to 60 on a bicycle with a high performance engine strapped on.

That's scary fast on a home made vehicle that was never designed to be powered that way. Fast enough to get you killed. Please be very careful.

Yes for that 30 HP MX motor, go with a custom welded frame. You really want it to look like a motorcycle frame, 'cause that's what it is. Get some motorcycle wheels for it too. 30 HP will shred a bicycle wheel.

I want to see your new builds, not see you in the obits - :)

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Yea it is scary at first. But after riding it for a few u get use to it. Then I get the need for speed. I did sell my 212 race bike. Im currently building a 212 with a custom frame for a customer of mine. Full mods om the motor. Billet rod, billet flywheel, stage 2 race head, 26lbs springs, moly rods better values, bigger cam, and a bully clutch. Think thats it.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i hope for you that no one gets hurt or KILLED on that huffy death trap. talk to your lawyer or i'm sure your be talking to a customers one soon enough. build your own ride/race them all you want the bigger the better. but selling them to others is like selling TNT. re; lawyer, police, jail ect. sorry it had to be said, think about it. i'm not doing this to slam you in any way but no one should selling these monsters. let them build their own deathtrap's. dennis