update on ole blue trike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless there's a baffle we can't see that must be one loud puppy with that pipe right out of the exhaust port.

How does it run? I had a lawn de-thatcher that was my father-in-laws with the syphon type carb. We never could get it to run. Rebuilt the carb and checked everything Briggs suggested but it would never pick up fuel from the tank. It ended up in the scrap metal and he bought a new machine. Briggs said if the compression was too low there wasn't enough crankcase vacuum to operate the fuel pump diaphram. Worn rings?

I'd like to see the whole trike. Links to the build would help.

tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You'll have to change the file name of your photo to use it again.
Bring the photo up in whatever program you use to resize and 'save as' then type in a new file name. You'll have to do that everytime you plan to repost that photo. Sorry, it's just the nature of the forum software.
Tom

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The air intake and pipe let everybody know that your trike is much more than a grocery getter.

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
Got a chance to ride it yesterday. It will putt down the road at about half throttle around 20-25 mph. real comfortable ride. Happy with my build. Ready to build something else now.cvlt1

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
is your trike just using a centrif clutch with a 10tooth and no internal gearing at the engine? so a 5.40 final? how many horse is that?

Last edited:

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
10 tooth front and 54 on rear. Centif. clutch going straight to the axel. I pedal alittle to help the clutch out. But no need to, it will take off on it's own power. It has a 5 hp. B&S on it.