How much motorbiking did you do in 2010?

GoldenMotor.com

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I put 3800 miles on my MB in 2010. I am a long-time pedal cyclist who just started motorbiking in early 2010. I put a GEBE setup with a Tanaka 32 cc engine on an old front-suspension mountain bike.

I also rode my non-motorized pedal bikes for an additional 2500 miles. That was mostly for social rides with friends and for exercise. Also for going places where I can’t park my MB in a secure place.

I love riding my MB! I am a confirmed bicycle addict, and my MB still feels like a bicycle and I pedal it just like a bicycle. That way I get the joy of riding and pedaling a bicycle and the thrill of having the speed and endurance of a champion professional bike racer.

I love the MB’s speed! I pedal at about 15 mph on the flat. The motor more than doubles that speed to about 30 to 32 mph. The motor more than triples my speed climbing hills. On a hill where I struggle to pedal at 8 mph, my MB zips up at 25 mph and gets to the top in no time at all. Hills are a real challenge for a pedal bike, but on a MB hills simply don’t matter!

I love the extra distance that I can cover! A 50-mile ride is a big all-day ride on my pedal bike, and I will be really tired at the end and ready to quit. On my MB, I can ride 100 miles in less time than I can pedal 50, I will not be nearly as tired, and I will be ready to ride still more.

In short, I love my MB!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I put 3800 miles on my MB in 2010. I am a long-time pedal cyclist who just started motorbiking in early 2010. I put a GEBE setup with a Tanaka 32 cc engine on an old front-suspension mountain bike.

I also rode my non-motorized pedal bikes for an additional 2500 miles. That was mostly for social rides with friends and for exercise. Also for going places where I can’t park my MB in a secure place.

I love riding my MB! I am a confirmed bicycle addict, and my MB still feels like a bicycle and I pedal it just like a bicycle. That way I get the joy of riding and pedaling a bicycle and the thrill of having the speed and endurance of a champion professional bike racer.

I love the MB’s speed! I pedal at about 15 mph on the flat. The motor more than doubles that speed to about 30 to 32 mph. The motor more than triples my speed climbing hills. On a hill where I struggle to pedal at 8 mph, my MB zips up at 25 mph and gets to the top in no time at all. Hills are a real challenge for a pedal bike, but on a MB hills simply don’t matter!

I love the extra distance that I can cover! A 50-mile ride is a big all-day ride on my pedal bike, and I will be really tired at the end and ready to quit. On my MB, I can ride 100 miles in less time than I can pedal 50, I will not be nearly as tired, and I will be ready to ride still more.

In short, I love my MB!
This is around my average.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
can't be 100% sure 'cause i have no speedo, but based on average time spent on it and the places i go, i'd say between 5000 to 7500 miles. i'd guess i average 10 to 20 miles a day, then 50 to 75 on weekends, plus all the longer 100+ mile trips, and minus downtime from the rain (and hangovers.)..

this is all on the same bike, which is still going strong today.

Angel

Jan 7, 2011
USA
I might be sure my average 10 to 15 miles of the day and year around 1000 to 3000 miles. This 2011 my target increasing. I am try this is complete this target.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
6000 miles!. I don't drive my car that much. If it's not to cold I try to put between 5 and 8 miles a day on one of my bikes. I'm going to try and increase that in 2011.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I only rode a few hundred miles in 2010. My motorbike was in storage for a few months while I was moving from AZ to TX. Once I got to TX and unpacked, I moved my motor kit from one bike to another.
I'll try to start commuting to the park and ride on my motorbike in the spring. It's 18 miles round trip and I don't like commuting in the dark on these things.