Bogging a bit at 3/4 throttle?

GoldenMotor.com

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
Been breaking in the bike and the last two runs it seems to be taking more to get going and also now bogging a bit at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. I changed my needle clip to the 2nd from top. Any help on what to check to get her running smoother? Doing the 16:1 right now and go about a 1/2 tank threw it so far.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Use 24:1 for the break in!! (first two gallons) then 32:1 after that.
Don't worry about how the engine's running until you have about 5 gallons throught the engine, (because it keeps running better & better the more it breaks in!!) :D

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There have been some scattered reports of the paper element in-line filters clogging up a bit if an excessively rich oil mixture is used... dunno if that's the problem *shrug* but yea - as Venice mentioned 16:1 is too much oil (the kit instructions are... dubious at best lol) & Joe's advice is good no matter what as these things aren't exactly "to spec" when ya get them :p

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
I tried my best to seal everything up, how do I go about "checking" for air leaks? Soapy water? Spit? I'll bump up to 25:1 from here.

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
Got it, I just picked up the MM billet carb intake so I will slap it on and give it a test with some carb cleaner. I know there is a leak as the idle won't stay in a even spot after a little warm up. It just revs high.