Puma

GoldenMotor.com

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
it doesnt look like any 2 stroke ive seen, pretty sure its a 4 stroker.

a google search turned up with a UK airforce helicopter lol

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Is it a bike engine originaly or is it from some kind of yard maintance or snow thrower?
...It looks like nice cooling fins and the muffler? (on the right)looks like it would be very quiet...Befor I was 10 (1960)dad had found a (2 cycle?) called a puma or panther lot sure,I made an atempt to start it and got maybe 5-10 seconds out of it and it had a large mufffler and was very quiet the short time I had it running ......................................If it has a oil fill and poss.drain then it is poss 4 cycle ............I need to get my daughter ,the typed lines are going where-ever ,I've pushed something I shouldnt have again

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I'm here ,(incert button?)(I can only type w/2 fingers so I dont know how I pushed it,cat must have helped me again),,any-way,,,The thing from the 1960 was a mower ,was good looking,and lite weight

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
It looks very much like the 49-50cc 2-stroke used on some Harbor Freight tools and available from monsterscooterparts.com and others. IF it is THAT engine it has favorable reviews from users here.

mifletz

Aug 25, 2009
israel
The "Puma Tornado" is a Chinese clone of another engine.

Mine came with a separate fuel tank.

Is there any fuel tank from another model (Tanaka, Mitsubishi etc?) that would bolt on underneath it?

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Since my first post here, I've logged over 100 miles on a similar engine on a Friction Drive setup. It's actually a decent engine. It's loud and "buzzy" like other 2 strokes but has lots of power. The engine handles very well and starts good hot or cold. "monsterscooterparts.com" sells a bolt on tank, not sure if it would interfere w/ your gearbox however. It's Chinese but I think it's a pretty good lil' engine.

mifletz

Aug 25, 2009
israel
The Puma is a 40cc engine. This "ST340" almost identical is a 35cc engine

It has a fuel tank that attaches underneath it, but which won't fit the Puma.

They are all cheap but effective Chinese engines, probably from the same inscrutable factory.

Is yours a "Puma" or a "ST340"?