Notice! First Post Stretch Cruisers & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Wow this sub-section is gonna take off stretch cruiser & chopper motorized bicycles.

I can't wait to see other forum members custom builds, lets build them and they will come!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
My first Stretch Cruiser's were inspired by none other than our very own and talented Stretch Cruiser Custom Builder Extraordinaire & Forum Moderator RedB66!

Checkout his posts on Stretch Cruisers, his builds are amazing using both Micargi's & Greenline Stretch Cruisers, how to make motor mounts, how to and where to mount your chain tensioners, who are the best suppliers for your builds etc etc etc...

He ( RedB66 ), hooked me up with suppliers for my
Stretch Cruiser Bicycles & suppliers for 2-Stroke Motors,
he and many others herein are generous with their suggestions / guidance for motorized bicycling,
and in my opinion that makes this forum the greatest motor assisted bicycling forum bar none!

My current Stretch Cruisers are being setup for using 4-stroke motors either a EZ-Motorbike kit or a 4-stroke 50cc Honda Mini Trail Bike engine.

Checkout AZBill's Stretch Cruiser Build using the EZ-Motorbike Kit, or Civlized's Stretch Cruiser Build using the Chinese Cloned 4-stroke 50cc Honda Mini Trail Bike engine!!!

Here's few pic's of my fav's

Reactions: Eddy Taps

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
sweet bikes :)
I love that side car !!! (^)
do you have any other info on that one ???

Here's more info AZBill on the Stretch Cruiser sidecar.

This Stretch Cruiser has a 24" wheel in the rear, and a 26" wheel in the front.

The sidecar body is constructed from wood and fiberglass and the frame can be constructed out of steel or aluminum. The sidecar has a door on the side for easy access and a small trunk in the rear, you can build it with a windshield protects your precious cargo!
There are a few things to consider for the Sidecar design, the shape of the body, placement of the wheel on the side, and the amount of weight it would have to hold. This sidecar design has a door, and a trunk, the side wheel is aligned with the bike rear wheel. The dimensions are 16"H X 16 ½"W X 48"L. (you can make you sidecar wider ie 2-seater just adjust your width measurements).

To begin construction start by drawing a pattern for the sides, then trace it onto a piece of masonite board that can be found at the local building supply or home cheapo. Make sure to measure the width from the inside of the body so everything is cut 16" even.
The Body:
After cutting the sides measure and cut the door for the right side (the door is just an option).

The two sides are joined together with a few pieces of 1" X 2" running the width, also using the extra material from the sides cut ¾" W X 16" L as well to fill in as slats between the 1" X 2" 's.

The floor is made from the same material as the sides because it is going to be reinforced by the frame underneath.

The seat is raised 2" above the floor with a box type frame that allows room for the body mounting bolts as well a place for the seat-belt to bolt to.

After the framing of the body is finished the fiberglass work begins.

Start with the front and back curves of the body first. Put down a layer of 4oz fiberglass using polyester laminating resin to give the front and back its shape.

Next use 1oz fiberglass and polyester sanding resin over the entire body to give it a smoother surface that is easier to sand.

Next is sanding to smooth the body out.

When sanding is complete cut the door for the trunk out and reinforce it so it will retain its shape.

After sanding the body use extra pieces leftover from the body, cut them and upholster them to make the seat.

Frame
The frame is constructed with 1"X 1" square you can use aluminum or you can use steel.

This frame design aligns the sidecar wheel with the rear wheel of the bike to reduce wheel flexing in turns and gives a ride more like a three wheeler.

The drawback to the long frame and sidecar being attached to a Stretch Cruiser bike is when you turn the front of the sidecar will dip downward the ground approx 1 ½".

To compensate for this, mount the frame to the bike so the front will sit 1/2" higher.

The frame is just a basic rectangle with 3 ribs running the width.

The rear wheel is mounted to sit 6" higher than the frame giving approx 7" of ground clearance.

The sidecar frame is attached to the bike frame in 4 places:

Front down tube (near the headtube)

Frame (behind the bottom bracket just in front of the seat tube)

Seat tube (near the top)

Rear dropout (the bottom portion)

Finishing:
After the frame and body are assembled, strip them and paint them with 3 coats of gloss black and 3 coats of clear, with auto trunk paint in the interior and the trunk.

How's this info AZBill hope this helps.

Reactions: Eddy Taps

Eddy Taps

Oct 2, 2020
Hi.. I have 2 Nirve Choppers, a switchblade and a cannibal.
I'm keen in converting them into trikes or 1 with a sidecar.
Any advise...

Thank you in advance.

Eddy.

[email protected]