New gal on this site.

GoldenMotor.com

Greenline Pinky

Feb 13, 2009
Denver, CO
I am female and moderately disabled so I saw motorized bikes on ebay. I bought a Grubee 80cc motor kit. I also bought from Walmart, a 24" Cranbrook cruiser bicycle. This motor fits like a glove on this bike. Very nice! I will post pictures of this installation when I am done. I did have to purchase 24" x 1.75 cruiser tires because the 24" x 2.125 are too wide and the chain would rub on it. It looks like this bike will be a screamer! The Grubee kit seems more high quality than the other kits. Clutch has a better setup on the motor. I did not need to drill holes in the drop tube because I visited my local Home Depot and picked up a bracket to use that just works fine. I would be happy to answer any questions.r.ly.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Welcome to the forum. You can shim your sprocket with flat washers and get clearance for your fat tires if you want.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hey Ghosto, I Guess I Missed The Boat On That One!! All My Picture Files Are To Big, Down Sizing Was My Problem. Glad You Jumped In. Ron

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I also recommend you look into how to avoid flat tires using tire liners.. Search here the word "flat" and you will find useful information.

.duh.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. Did your Cranbrook come with 24" tires? I've had two with 26" tires and ran a 26x1.175.....just curious!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Pinky
Doesn't sound like you need a lot of help but we're all here to answer questions if you have any. Good luck and send pix as soon as you can...we love pictures...
Tom

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Hi Greenline Pinky.& a big welcome to the forum. Like TexasDav says, shim the sprocket. If the chain is slightly our of allignment this is OK. I have fat tires and my chain is real close, but dosent rub. My allignment is close but not perfect. We goofy engineers call this compliance.

Oldcliff

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
Hi Pinky, welcome aboard.,.,.you can access the download by either going through the private message or control panel, click the edit avitar and or profile where you see browse.,.,then click your bike pics, then upload,.,.and you're done ,.,.,.good luck,.,.and hopefully there downsized or sometimes it may be kicked back or just take a long time to dwnload

Last edited: