Finally not so lonely!

GoldenMotor.com

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
OMG!!! I didn't even know there were bicycles named "Ross"!!!! NOW I want one!! Looks like an idea for a second bike is in effect after this one!! Thanks! LOL... I really didnt know.. Ross is my name and rider sounded good to me after it!?!..LOL gunna have to google some Ross bikes tho now!.. AND to answer your question, the awesome speedometer I purchased was off ebay, got it for 16.oo. Was looking for one that would count my miles and for speed, also wanted one that came with flippin instructions.. there are some neat ones out there but everyone I would email and ask if they came with installation directions they all said no (ok fine and dandy if you know how to already install them) but I didnt, so found this one that came with the instructions! LOVE IT!! LOL :p

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello there and welcome to the forum. Always gets the boys here all flustered if a girl shows up. Ha! It sounds like you're getting lots of advice. Two things from me. One, a lot of us are using Opti-2 mixed at 100-1. I use it in my 2 strokes, chainsaws and such. Very little smoke and stink. Good stuff.
Second, wear a helmet even for short rides down the block. Make it a habit.
Have fun!
SB

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
+1 on flipping the filter.

Go to the auto store and get you some 1/4in fuel hose and band clamps. Clamp the petcock, carb inlet, and both ends of the filter.

Also, you DID use teflon tape on that petcock, right?

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Yes, changed the filter around noticed it myself, and no teflon tape was needed does not leak what so ever, teflon tape is helpful but if there is no leak why would I need it?... Do I really need it??

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Yes, changed the filter around noticed it myself, and no teflon tape was needed does not leak what so ever, teflon tape is helpful but if there is no leak why would I need it?... Do I really need it??
Okay, good.

The tape is suggested because most leak.
Hel1, mine pissed gas out like mofo until I taped it. If you don't need it, good for you!
Oh, and that line will harden up pretty quick if that's the cheap clear line.

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Dodge dude94, ya mine isnt leaking a drop, NOTHING, the petcock line and everything dry as a bone (of course that will change soon I'm sure..lol) I believe it dont need it, my motto dont fix it if it aint broke ...yet!! LOL And Toadmund I will keep that in mind thanks!!

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo

After many curse words, a popped vein, busted knuckles, and many chuckles... Here is the end result!! ... SHE SHE SHE SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! MY FIRST RIDE!!! SO PROUD OF MYSELF!! :)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
The invoice from your next order of parts IS the certification! Once this hobby is hooked,its hard NOT to spend money.

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
D gizzle: LOL!! So true!! I am already looking for my next project!! LOL!! Silverbear: You are so correct, was a little nervous starting her hoping she would do what I wanted and she did!! It was such a wonderful rush, my cheeks hurt from smiling the whole time!! I LOVED the looks from all my neighbors today... I could see the confused and intreged look on their faces, one neighbor even came down to check it out said "can I talk to your man about the bike he built!?" And I said your talking to him!! LOL he was amazed that a woman did it!! Yeah, was proud and bosting a little! LOL

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Dodge dude94, ya mine isnt leaking a drop, NOTHING, the petcock line and everything dry as a bone (of course that will change soon I'm sure..lol) I believe it dont need it, my motto dont fix it if it aint broke ...yet!! LOL And Toadmund I will keep that in mind thanks!!
Well, if it's not leaking don't fix it. But there is the possibility that it will leak, so have a roll of teflon tape laying around.

After many curse words, a popped vein, busted knuckles, and many chuckles... Here is the end result!! ... SHE SHE SHE SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! MY FIRST RIDE!!! SO PROUD OF MYSELF!! :)
Awww, aren't you just so cute! :p
Good job.
OH and I looked it up, and have it gauged at 28 but what is the best gauge for the spark plug? Is that it?
I'm running mine at .030. NGK B7HS plug for my nice, hot Texas downhill speed runs.
D gizzle: Thanks!!!! Do I get a certified ring? Paper? T shirt?... LOL!!!! :p
Road rash. :)
The invoice from your next order of parts IS the certification! Once this hobby is hooked,its hard NOT to spend money.
I second this.
Well done! What a rush that first ride is.
SB
Rush? lol
Mine was terrifying! lol Every other ride after that was getting easier. Now it's just like "oh, crap" when something goes wrong. XD

Congratz on your first successful ride! Once you've gotten it mostly broken in, LET IT RIP!!!!! :D

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Dodge dude94: Will definitely go and get some teflon just incase, I am sure she will start eventually to leak, but for now shes going without! LOL ... Thanks for the compliment I felt cute til I seen this pic and thought God I need a corset!! LOL ... Ok I will do 30 gauge then cause she sounds at 28 that shes riding a tiny rough like a bog and I idled the carb that is smooth and running great but I think its my plug? ... Thanks cant wait to really get her broke in!! Since I am also getting used to her I wouldnt wanna go crazy even if I could!! :)

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Dodge dude94: Will definitely go and get some teflon just incase, I am sure she will start eventually to leak, but for now shes going without! LOL ... Thanks for the compliment I felt cute til I seen this pic and thought God I need a corset!! LOL ... Ok I will do 30 gauge then cause she sounds at 28 that shes riding a tiny rough like a bog and I idled the carb that is smooth and running great but I think its my plug? ... Thanks cant wait to really get her broke in!! Since I am also getting used to her I wouldnt wanna go crazy even if I could!! :)
a .030 gap might let it idle better. I think it's likely the rich oil/gas ratio you're having to run as your engine is new. I wouldn't worry about tuning it too much until you're done with break-in procedure. Then worry about how nice it runs.

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Thanks dodge dude94 gunna try that tomorrow and see how she runs, she idles great its when she slows down (and not to a slowing stop) she jerks and bogs.. unless its supposed to do that, but I dont think so?!!?