newbie first build help Huffy Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
Hi everyone. this is my first post as well as my first build that is coming up. I was thinking about buying a cheap and simple cruiser bicycle as my first build. I want to buy an engine kit from ebay and find a bicycle that needs no or very little modifications. I was thinking about the huffy cranbrook because their are very cheap and I have seen a lot of people motorize them. I found one on walmart for $95. I also found a motor kit on ebay for around $150. I have heard people saying that a coaster brake isn't good enough. will I need to install a hand brake? scratgscratgscratgscratgscratg

once again thanks

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Hi glad you joined I used a wally world bike for mine just a coaster brake on mine but I do need a front brake. I am waiting till I get my springer front end on for that.

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
if you find a cheap used bike on craigslist you can use it for parts. I even found one with disk brakes and front shocks for 70$, you cant beat that

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
what is the difference though? will the sprocket not fit onto the bicycle because the coaster break is bothering it or the stopping isn't sufficient enough?

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
im just saying if you want shocks, and a front break. It may be cheaper to take the front wheel and fork, off of another bike[/

this is going to be only my first build so I just want to make sure nothing will happen if I just ride with coaster breaks. I don't want to modify anything, I might even sell my first build and then buy a more expensive bicycle and install another motor:-||

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
I posted and gave a link to a guy that put a motor on your bike, he did modify the mount a little. Posts with links have to be reviewed so maybe later tonight it will show up

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
A little advice, buy the best bike you possibly can, upgrading wheels, and brakes gets expensive fast same with the kit motors. Coasters are usually ok for a regular riding bike, you should do something about the front even calipers are better than nothing. Most kits come with an oversized tube mount for the bigger down tubes.

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
Hi everyone. i thought about wwhich bicycle i am getting. i current have a gmc denalli road bike. i am going to sell it and buy the genesis onyx 29er. i am also going to buy the huffy cranbrook. after i buy them i will post a picture of the bike and start mounting the engines. thanks so much for helping out with my first build :)