Black Sabbath

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: market for stretch cruiser MB's?

VincenT, she is gonna be sweeeet! Please post pics when you get her hooked up. What kind of bike is that?

Spunout, given your talents, a really cool project would be take a tandem and make it a MB pickEMup truck. A sort of grocery getter with style. I hope to do one this winter but am running out of time. But then again you would have an even larger product waiting to be sold.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

VincenT, she is gonna be sweeeet! Please post pics when you get her hooked up. What kind of bike is that?

Spunout, given your talents, a really cool project would be take a tandem and make it a MB pickEMup truck. A sort of grocery getter with style. I hope to do one this winter but am running out of time. But then again you would have an even larger product waiting to be sold.

yeah, even though thats interesting for certain, sounds too involved for me. like you, time is always against me.

no, no, vincent. no thread jack. anything you want to show/discuss is cool here. i DO like your bike and what you're doing with it. thats gonna be a monster! (^)

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

Actually the bike is finished it's a bc-704...the photo is a little blurry but here she is, I actually put her on criagslist and received a couple of calls but just couldn't sell her??? also attaching a pic of my next project greenline bc-103, got as far as putting the 90 degree springer......copying oldschoolgarage's bike... except I'll probably put ape hangers just to be different???

Talking about pic'em up truck bikes have you seen these kit/frames extensions by Xtracycle Products | Every day Adventures imagine one of these kits on a stretch cruiser.

heres a clip of the kit/bike in action...YouTube - xtracycle in Zurich

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Man thats pretty work Vincent! 1944 style paint job lept to mind. I have found that car shows are a great place for sales. Just saying. That work of art needs a good home.

Dangit Vincent, your link is gonna cost me at least a grand, lol. Truly, thanks. I was looking for just that. (but a cheaper,snork)

Last edited:

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

I never thought about car shows??? A guy with a swiss army mog was asking me if I was going to bring my pinzgauer to a local car show this past saturday... I wasn't really sure about the whole display thing...but now that you mention that...Now I have a reason to finish my other bikes...I know they hold the good guys car show 4 times a year...supposed to be pretty big and the next one is 12/4... Thanks Dan!!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Big time, your welcome. Swap meets do well, as well. I like them big time for the just sit and chat part. I sell coffee and drinks (hotdogs when I have the right paper work) But a Sunday can make a few hundred bucks for a $15 entrance fee. Keeps me out of the bars as the Baby's Momma likes to say.

If 100 folks see a MB, 60 will want it, 1.5 will have the cash and one will buy it. hehe, I done the math.

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

ok, so i did it. i ordered the bike, and apehangers that you see below.

those arent the exact handlebars. they're the exact shape, but the ones at a local bike shop are 36" tall. did you hear that? i said "36" TALL"!!(c)
haha. that puts the hands waaay above shoulders.
may not be comfortable, but it'll get some looks.
i'll paint the jug to match the red wheels.

here's the deal....if i cant sell it for a modest (but not too modest) profit, i'll just keep it.

i'm half-hoping thats how it'll be.....(^)

Attachments

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

I know exactly what you mean, hoping the bike will not sell...unfortunately :rolleyes:

I have those same bars on my monkee bike or (Micargi Long Beach.) My sister says whenever I ride that bike, it looks like like I stole my bigger brothers bike...don't have a big brother, but you get the idea... the bars are about ear level on me... I really don't know what to do with this bike as far as engine wise goes... I know I want something larger then 125cc... other then that, this bike is back burnered.

Post up pics when your done with the bike...

Attachments

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

vincent: sweet bike! i've seen that style and it begs to be motored.

i didnt get the 36" tall apehangers. went with the 25" because i was concerned about safety/handling. :crash:

is your rear tire 3" wide? i had some problems with a bike that had one. had to use three rubber spacers for sprocket. getting and keeping the sprocket true laterally was a nightmare!

you can bet i'll post pics when its done.

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

vincent: sweet bike! i've seen that style and it begs to be motored.

i didnt get the 36" tall apehangers. went with the 25" because i was concerned about safety/handling. :crash:

is your rear tire 3" wide? i had some problems with a bike that had one. had to use three rubber spacers for sprocket. getting and keeping the sprocket true laterally was a nightmare!

you can bet i'll post pics when its done.
yeah the rear tire is 3x24. On all my builds... including my sisters bike and my girlfriends bike... I've used the livefast clamshell sprocket holder, no worries of sprocket alignment. I try to use them every chance i get. I'm really tempted to get a metal lathe and start making the sprocket holder myself...but that whole 3k dollar purchase is putting a damper on things :eek:

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

Make sure you get pics and stuff. want to be updated.

howdy. well, the bike i wanted, was not the bike that got shipped.
i bought it from Skates on Haight, and i ordered the black w/red wheels and chrome springer front end. what i got was ALL BLACK. black wheels, springer, handlebars...everything.
carol, the manager, said greenline may be discontinuing that line, so she's going to try and get me the right wheels/springer.
if they're unavailable, she'll have to refund part of the purchase price.

ANYWAY...its still going to kick butt-cheeks when finished.

I shall dub this bike: BLACK SABBATH

Attachments

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

Will you be able to use the 68 spoke wheels?
Yes, i redrilled the sprocket holes (that spoke pattern doesnt allow for 100% even spacing for 9-bolt pattern. look... i drilled 10 holes, haha), and cut the rubber mounting spacers out of conveyor belt. to allow for higher postioning of the bolts, you can see how much larger the diameter of the spacers i cut is, compared to stock. i'll drill those to match the sprocket holes. instead of metal plates on the backside of spacer in-hub, i normally use large fender washers for more-than-36-spoke wheels.

SISDAVID: $267 w/shipping, and if i cant get red wheels, then they need to fork over a hundred bucks. thats what i'll ask for, but who knows what i'll actually get.
i told her, "like a baker, sometimes we have to 'eat' our mistakes."

Attachments

Last edited:

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008

Cant wait to see how you mount the engine... the more I look at your bike... the more I'm wondering, how would it look as a trike???